OpenELEC & 3D Playback
Code:
OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources, insufficient resources

Try upping the memory split for the GPU.
I don´t know if this is your problem regarding the 3D feature, but it is a problem nonetheless. Maybe everything gets funky when GPU memory is full.
I use gpu_mem_512=192 which works well.

Also, I see you use Conq with gui sounds. Perhaps gui sounds also uses it´s share of GPU memory (?), you can always try to disable that.
(2014-09-02, 16:19)steve1977 Wrote: Any thoughts?
sorry, but this was no debug log. You have to enable debug mode in Settings -> System -> Debugging -> enable debug logging (you'll see some debug overlay on the top left corner when enabledl. Then reboot, try to play the movie again and post that log again.

But as mippa already pointed out - increasing your GPU memory wouldn't hurt and should fix some issues you might run into.
Have increased the GPU memory, but still facing the same issue. Please see below the full log as requested. Thanks for your help:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=286391
http://pastebin.com/k5cWrT5i
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
You need to have 3d or 3D in the filename too.
Also, I don´t know if [ ] will work, according to the wiki it is no included.
Test with renaming to something like "...3d.hsbs..." and see if that works.

Also, hsbs and htab are fefault flags, you don´t need them in your advancedsettings.xml.
mippa, see his advanced settings - he adjusted the filename parser accordingly - so this should be ok

edit: according to log, the video "Under the Sea 3D" has correctly been detected as SBS and GUI switched into SBS mode
Ah... missed that, sorry. :S
(2014-09-05, 12:53)da-anda Wrote: mippa, see his advanced settings - he adjusted the filename parser accordingly - so this should be ok

edit: according to log, the video "Under the Sea 3D" has correctly been detected as SBS and GUI switched into SBS mode

Yes this is correct. As I said, some movies do make the switch, but it is unclear which ones and it does not appear consistent. In the previously shared log, some movies are working, but "Underworld Awakening" is not working. It does not switch the television.

Thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
according to log, underworld is correctly detected as SBS, but OMX player is showing lots of buffer issues with this file - so maybe these cause the 3D switch issue. Popcornmix would have to look at this
(2014-09-05, 11:28)steve1977 Wrote: Have increased the GPU memory, but still facing the same issue. Please see below the full log as requested. Thanks for your help:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=286391
http://pastebin.com/k5cWrT5i

Looks like you have "Extract thumbnail and video information" enabled. You should turn that off.
The log does show that a 3D mode was switched into. But I think it gets switched again immediately afterwards:

Code:
08:41:02 1494.213379 T:3059560448   DEBUG: EGL set HDMI mode (1,32)=0 SBS
08:41:02 1494.839600 T:3059560448   DEBUG: EGL set HDMI mode (1,32)=0

Is it possible to produce a sample of this files (e.g. the first two minutes) and upload it to a hosting site (e.g. dropbox ro google drive). I could then try to reproduce the issue.
Could the "extract thumb and video" be the issue? What is it extracting this for given that I have thumbs and NFO files with video information for every movie?

I could try to create a sample and upload it. However, I am not sure whether this specific file is the issue. I am not 100% sure, but I believe that it is not always the same file not working, but sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Anything else in the log? WHat about the buffering issues mentioned above?
Hi I have the setting in playback mode of stereoscopic 3d videos to ask me however it doesn't,can anyone help me out? I'm currently using rpi2 I upgraded from rpi 1 and input all system settings I had from there and 3d simply doesn't work the same on pi 2 for starters my tv always detected 3d movies now it doesn't ( tried same link on pi 1 and the tv still autodetects) and once manually switched to 3d it doesn't appear to line up correctly! Not sure what I've done wrong? Any help would be great
Can anyone help?
(2015-02-23, 20:42)gazrob Wrote: Can anyone help?

Not without more info. A debug enabled log file might help.
if Kodi doesn't trigger 3D mode on your PI2 while it did on PI1 then, for some reason Kodi doesn't detect the movie to be 3D for some reason. This could be because you had a custom configuration for the 3D detection flags (advancedsettings.xml) on PI1 which you didn't move over to your PI2. Just a guess though
Hi,

it seems I have a similar problem. My TV doesn't switch automatically, and unfortunately it's a bit complicated to access the functionality manually - my remote doesn't have a specific button for it so I have to get through a few menus to switch to 3D.

First of all my files are named perfectly. I've been using the same media library with a raspberry running gotham before, and it worked like a charm. Some days ago my cubox i2 arrived since I needed the optical out, and now it doesn't work with helix. I've been playing with the settings but no luck so far :\ Also made a debug log, but it doesn't have any lines similar to the one quoted above (set HDMI mode). All I got is a few lines from StereoscopicsManager which detects the mode correctly and switches XBMC to SBS, than back to normal when the video is stopped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC & 3D Playback0