In Defense of KODI: a list of worse names
MUFC
MEDIA GRUBBER
Since it's the holy grail of entertainment systems..

Moses

Multimedia Open Source Entertainment System
(2014-08-18, 02:36)Cytech Wrote: Since it's the holy grail of entertainment systems..

Moses

You think the devs made a good (albeit unavoidable[1]) job of pissing off users, wait until you have offended Jews, Muslims and Christians, all in one name change!

[1] I do stress no criticism here!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-17, 00:35)nickr Wrote: XBMC

100% this . Guys, can you imagine us doing this same thing today? The equivalent would be something like Window 8.1 Media Center. W8MC. People like XBMC because they are used to it. That doesn't fail to make it a truly terrible name.
TINN
"This Is Not Netflix"
TIN
"This is Netflix"
(2014-08-18, 04:03)nickr Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 02:36)Cytech Wrote: Since it's the holy grail of entertainment systems..

Moses

You think the devs made a good (albeit unavoidable[1]) job of pissing off users, wait until you have offended Jews, Muslims and Christians, all in one name change!

How was it unavoidable? Did someone hold a gun to their heads and make them come up with the most awful sounding name (sounds like kiddee and/or implies it or even cooties) for a media player ever? Please. They could have picked a lot of names that would have kept me from leaving the platform, but somehow they managed to pick the worst sounding name possible. Honestly, I can't even THINK of a worse name (NONE mentioned in this thread come even close. Even Nosefart sounds better. They could have called it Quimby or even Flatulence and it would sound less objectionable.) Even the name MOSES implies "miracle worker" or "leader" (not sure how that's offensive unless the app is evil). I'm 100% certain there will be 3rd party builds to restore the old name. WTF wants a "kodi player" on their machine? Don't run any pRoN on it for obvious name-issue reasons.

XBMC was never a "great" name. I mean it's just generic sounding from the start. X-Box Media Center? Why would you use X-Box in the name to begin with? Even so, at least it's not "glee" sounding.

Geeze, how about BAM Center!!! (BAD ARSE MEDIA CENTER!!!). A "BAM" is a "block availability map" in old school disk code terms, so it even has a hidden programming structure meaning.

Quote:[1] I do stress no criticism here!

Is that your way of saying, oh mighty little kodi gods, don't ban me for giving my opinion about your god-awful name choice? Angel
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2014-08-19, 17:18)VonMagnum Wrote:
Quote:[1] I do stress no criticism here!

Is that your way of saying, oh mighty little kodi gods, don't ban me for giving my opinion about your god-awful name choice? Angel

yes
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
haha

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
In Defense of KODI: a list of worse names0