WindowXML vs WindowXMLDialog
Hello Everyone,

I originally posted this on the mailing list, but they told me the forum was a better place for such questions.

I'm working on an addon for XBMC that is nearing the point where we're considering submitting it for the XBMC repo.

It's a skinned addon, and we are currently extending WindowXMLDialog. We currently have quite the work-around to relist the GUI after playback, and my (possibly foolish) hope is that hack can be unrolled if we extend WindowXML and then we'll no longer have to close the GUI explicitly for playback to come to the foreground.

The problem is that once I convert to WindowXML, I encounter tons of SystemExit exceptions. What's odd is that they come from modules
(requests2, datetime, etc) that shouldn't even be throwing those. Everything works like a charm with WindowXMLDialog.

So, my question is, am I missing something obvious? I found the Python API docs for xbmcgui, and while they do explain some of the basics of the API, they don't explain /why/ anything is what it is. What is the difference between WindowXML and WindowXMLDialog, and when should I use which one?

---Alex

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WindowXML vs WindowXMLDialog0