.ASS format Subtitles - overwriting instead of clearing line
Hi
I've noticed an issue while using .ASS format subtitles in an external file.
When I start playing a video, the lines do not clear, and instead just overwrite each other on the screen.
I then click on the Subtitle Menu button, and select 'Next Subtitle', which disables the subtitles, since there is only one subtitle file.
I then click on the Subtitle Menu button again, and select 'Enable Subtitles', and the subtitles display properly after that.

I'm running Gotham 13.2 beta 2 on Win7 64 bit. I've also seen this behavior on 13.2 beta1 on Mac.
Could you test if this issue still exists in the latest Kodi v14 (Helix) builds?

You can start Kodi in portable mode on windows so it doesn't muck up your existing install
Unfortunately I've just left on a trip so I won't have access to my media player for the next two weeks. I will test it then though.
I tested it on win7 Kodi Alpha 2, and the overwriting issue is still present. Additionally, the workaround I was using no longer works - i.e. clicking on the 'next subtitle' button and then re-enabling the subtitles results in the previous overlapping subtitles being displayed again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.ASS format Subtitles - overwriting instead of clearing line0