unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'
I install a nightly every few weeks and installed the Aug 5 build of 14.0 earlier today. When trying to access video directories on my Linux NAS over SMB, I now get the "invalid argument" error in both the UI and in xbmc.log. No folder permissions have changed though I have added video files. I've even tried the IP address instead of the system name to no benefit.

ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://192.168.1.201/Volume_1/Videos/_English'

Should I try loading a previous version of XBMC?

Another SMB source with only 32 directories in the parent directory loads fine.

Is there a limit to the number of directories, each representing a movie, that can be placed under a single directory? The failing one now has 1363.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
For reasons I don't understand, the access problems have gone away. I did not knowingly change anything.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Same error for me:

Code:
INFO: SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://ben-laptop/completed/Movies/*.mkv'

Any idea how fix it?

Regards.
*.mkv is not a valid filename
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'0