Subtitles on seperate monitor
So this is just a thought, and I would love some opinions on it. I prefer to watch everything with subtitles, but I don't like the subtitles covering up a visible part of the viewing area. In other words it's ideal for the subtitles to display in the letterboxing of a 2.35:1 film. However, I was at a store the other day and I saw a television that must've been 4:1, looked at least 40 inches wide and not more than 10 inches tall. I think it'd be awesome to mount the TV below your screen and show subtitles on the TV, or movie information, things of that nature. There might be an issue with how easy it would be to look at the subtitles and not miss what is going on in the program.

Anyone have any thoughts here?
In a rare situation like this someone could just use whatever OS they are running XBMC on to span the XBMC window across multiple displays. Basically what people do when they use multiple monitors or projectors to make one big screen. It should even be possible to calibrate fullscreenvideo separately from the GUI, so that all the GUI elements stay on the first screen. Fullscreenvideo would treat the area below the video as a letterbox black bar (but only on the "bottom" so you don't have a black bar on the main TV) and then XBMC can just show the subs there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles on seperate monitor0