Linux What protocol for XBMC gotham??
Maybe it's not a new this topic but i m becaming crazy!!

I have a pc with linux chakra and two raspberry with XBMC (Raspbmc and Openelec).

But i have problems to stream/play videos in HD (especially 1080p) and over 5GB.

I try SMB , NFS with bad results! Maybe FTP ot HTTP protocol could resolve this problem?

Thanks
For LAN use then NFS is best and SMB is second best, you don't really use FTP or HTTP on a local network at home for XBMC.

Root cause is probably other issues like WiFi instead of wired Ethernet, corrupt files, or encodings outside specification.

Wrong forum regardless as questions like these belong in the "XBMC General Help and Support" forums
xbmc's built-in nfs(libnfs) is rather slow, use OS mounts with high rsize for best performance.
(2014-08-07, 14:22)wsnipex Wrote: xbmc's built-in nfs(libnfs) is rather slow, use OS mounts with high rsize for best performance.

How can i do that?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=linux+mount+nfs
Like this:

http://lucatnt.com/2013/09/avoid-stutter...pberry-pi/

Just do that but cant see performance!
There's a useful thread about tuning nfs paramaters on raspbmc here:
http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=6825
word of advice: do _not_ expect that to cure any issues you have because you use WLAN. That will always have issues with high bitrate files and you'll be very lucky to stream a single higher bitrate 1080p without hickups.
I found using MYSQL is faster access then the build in XBMC data base and I use Samba shares with that and I have no issues
Oh my GOD so confused NOW!!

MYSQLHuh
FTP no but in some forum many users have resolve that problem!!
NAS with resize of whatHuhHuhHuh
(2014-08-07, 15:52)Thsunami Wrote: I found using MYSQL is faster access then the build in XBMC data base and I use Samba shares with that and I have no issues

Present numbers and figures - feeling is most of the time wrong.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So this 3d ending so confusing....? Sad
a) get rid of WIFI in case you use it
b) check power supply - because a bad power supply can also cause network issues (along with others)
c) use NFS + probably the suggestions above to create optimized mounts on OS level instead of using XBMCs internal functionality
I have also read that using NFS over UDP instead of TCP could give best result.

It's right? Anyway how can i use NFS UDP instead of TCP?
(2014-08-07, 13:07)RockerC Wrote: For LAN use then NFS is best and SMB is second best, you don't really use FTP or HTTP on a local network at home for XBMC.

Root cause is probably other issues like WiFi instead of wired Ethernet, corrupt files, or encodings outside specification.

Wrong forum regardless as questions like these belong in the "XBMC General Help and Support" forums

Why i dont use FTP on local network?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What protocol for XBMC gotham??0