Smart Playlists
Set up some smart playlists of Documentaries and TV Dramas as I did not want them showing in my main Movies, the folders are on different drive from my main movies in their named folders, set up the rules as (path>contains) with fanart, poster and .nfo's and added the paths, everything went well and customised home menu so that they show on the homescreen in (Videos> Sub Menu> Documentaries and TV Drama) but I then went into Movies and they are all showing there as well, is there a way for them just to be in the smart playlists and not in movies?...
You need to set up a smart playlist for your 'movies', and use it to replace the 'movies' button on the home screen.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-08-07, 21:24)Samu-rai Wrote: You need to set up a smart playlist for your 'movies', and use it to replace the 'movies' button on the home screen.

Can I not keep the main movies one which I would like and put the 2 smart playlists into the sub menus of something else but not to show up in the main movies or is that not possible...
The movies button shows every movie you have in your library. So you need to set up a smart playlist for that too if you want to exclude certain titles (Documentaries & TV Drama).

(2014-08-07, 21:42)Samu-rai Wrote: The movies button shows every movie you have in your library. So you need to set up a smart playlist for that too if you want to exclude certain titles (Documentaries & TV Drama).

I think I'm getting it now, what would be the rule for the new smart playlist Movies, Path> does not contain?
There are various rules you could use.

I have my movies split into 2:

Movies & Kid's Movies

So one rule is path contains > movies folder, the other path contains > kid's movies folder.

If you need a playlist to show the titles in more than one folder, just add a 'contains' rule for each folder, and then set the playlist to 'match at least one rule.

(2014-08-07, 23:56)Samu-rai Wrote: There are various rules you could use.

I have my movies split into 2:

Movies & Kid's Movies

So one rule is path contains > movies folder, the other path contains > kid's movies folder.

If you need a playlist to show the titles in more than one folder, just add a 'contains' rule for each folder, and then set the playlist to 'match at least one rule.

I got there in the end, got it set up to what I want but took me a few times to get it right Blush, have my other videos that I don't want in Movies (Documentary, TV Drama, Stand-Up Comedy etc.) in one folder now and made smart playlists from them and added to the Sub-Menu of Videos then made a smart playlist of my Movies but as I have my movies in 2 different drives, I did not know you could add 2 different path rules for them in the playlist, once I sussed that and added what you said about "set the playlist to 'match at least one rule.", named the smart playlist to "My Movies" and replaced Movies with that on home screen, I finally have it correct, cheers for the helpBig Grin
Pro tip: you can also create a playlist and have a rule to exclude the other playlists.

So make one playlist for "stand-up". Then create another playlist and use the rule exclude playlist "stand-up".
Possibilities are almost endless
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-08, 00:54)Martijn Wrote: Pro tip: you can also create a playlist and have a rule to exclude the other playlists.

So make one playlist for "stand-up". Then create another playlist and use the rule exclude playlist "stand-up".
Possibilities are almost endless

Cheers, there is a lot to learn with all the rules in the Smart Playlists, I will have to study it more to find out more thingsSmile
Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the rep.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists0