Gotham on ASRock ION?
Is anyone out there still running Gotham on an ASRock ION, or any other Nvidia ION for that matter?

Have you experienced any issues with 1080p content dropping frames, skipping frames? Most stuff works for me, but occasionally will hit a file that drops frames like crazy (Naruto Shippuuden 1080p episodes from Horriblesubs Seem to to do this).

Wondering if it's time to upgrade to a NUC or not.
I've a zotac ion with atom 330 cpu and it's still running fine with all my content(OE 4.0 gotham).

Do you have "adjust display refresh ratio to video video" enabled?
I have not tried that if that's not the default install option, but I'll give it a try. Also, are you running Windows, or Linux?

Here is a trimmed down sample video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l26gw0a5uxbqc3/Sample.mkv

I guess you already answered my platform question too. (OE 4.0 Gotham)
Debug Log Debug Log debug debug log (melodie: jingle bells)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have a Asrock ION 330 HT on Helix nightlies I felt no urge to jump off the ION bandwagon or atom + nvidia as it does work very very very well. You should revisit your Deinterlacing settings + audio settings + acceleration and playback settings.
I have 3 ion machines and they work fine with even high bitrate 1080p material. Using openelec 4,07 but they also work perfectly on Ubuntu precise.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've been running the XBMC Live from the XBMC site, but I'm going to give OE 4.07 a shot this weekend, and see if I have any different results. Thanks for the feeback.

I guess it's called XBMCBuntu now. But same idea yeah.
Still no log, still no log, wheres the log gone to, post a log, we want the log, without it, no can do (jingle bells melody)
I will post a log when I get a chance. I've been at work, with barely little time at home. Before we got deep into trying to troubleshoot this thing, thought it might be appropriate to see if other users had a similar experience. Which is something I could actually accomplish from work.
I find movie playback to be fine on my ASRock 330.

What does disappoint me the performance of the music playback.

I removed the DVD re-writer from the computer and now have the OS (XBMCbuntu) on an SSD and all my music files on a second hard disk inside the ASRock.

Once I have selected a music track, it can take 4 or 5 seconds for an MP3 or FLAC to begin to play. Surely it should take a fraction of that!
Yes, it does ... but als you failed to sing the jingle bells song: Debug Log Debug Log debug debug log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Currently running OE 4.0.7 on an Asus EB1501 (Atom 330 + ION) and everything works fine for me.

Things worked even better after I took it apart and removed all the dust! It was previously overheating a bit.
(2014-08-09, 15:59)ant_thomas Wrote: Currently running OE 4.0.7 on an Asus EB1501 (Atom 330 + ION) and everything works fine for me.

Things worked even better after I took it apart and removed all the dust! It was previously overheating a bit.

Wow, it's good you mentioned that. Not that mine was dirty, but made me wonder about the temperatures going on. Sometimes some videos would play fine, and then at some point start choking. Out of curiosity, while this was happening I checked the CPU and GPU temp. 97 and 101 degrees celcius. Apparently the heatsink fan on mine has stopped working.

This article http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/11...p-review/2 suggests that there's a threshold of 85.2 degrees before things start getting throttled by the CPU/GPU. I'm gonna investigate down this road.
I have replaced both fans a long ago (case and cpu and using some artic silver instead of the gunk they ship from factory) the only heatsink with a fan is for the cpu, mine runs at around 60°C +/-5° under load, and of course while you playing hw accelerated content you use the GPU not CPU.
A bit of an update... Replaced the dead fan. It might be affixed to the CPU but blows across the gpu towards the exhaust fan. While I was at it, put a ssd in to make the menus a bit snappier. The temps for CPU/gpu now are roughly 50/70 during 1080p playback, and I don't appear to be having issues with the files I did before. Still need more testing, but it's looking promising.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham on ASRock ION?0