View "Recorded TV" same as in WMC
I got XBMC up and running and even live TV through DVB Link is running smooth. I can also play Recorded TV that is stored in .wtv format on my central Windows Media Center PC in my network. However, I open this through the videos, so the list is sorted by name or date changed. I would like to see the list sorted by the field "Recording time". Is that possible? Or even better: have a list of recorded TV with the possibility to delete the file after viewing it just like I have it in Windows Media Center. Would that be possible?

I have no clue if I am posting this in the right section, please move it as you see fit.
Don't you really want the WMC PVR addon?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hmmmm... I'm pretty sure I don't!

I currently have live TV up and running through the DVB Link PVR Add on. There is no need to record TV on the tablet running XBMC. I only want some other functionality with regards to the folder on my mediacenter containing recorded TV. As it seems to me: I cannot run the WMC PVR add on without the ServerWMC on my Windows Media Center machine, right?

I do see some configuration for the Recorded TV in ServerWMC, but it seems to be shooting at a mosquito with a canon.

I just tried installing the WMC PVR without installing the server part; perhaps it was possible to just get to those recorded TV items. But after doing so my DVB Link PVR is not working properly anymore. Clicking "Disable" in the WMC PVR add on doesn't work, so I guess I'll have to uninstall it.
If all you want to do is add your recordings, you don't need the pvr addon (which is what this sub-forum is for). If you just add it as a video library I think you can sort by file creation date (same as recording date).

If you want to delete-after-watch however, you need to use the addon to add your wtv files, because it will mark the wtv as 'watched' in the wmc database. Then if you have wmc set to delete after watching by default you should be good. The other advantage to using the addon is you'll get the metadata for each of the wtv files. But if you really don't want to use the addon/serverwmc, you can look at using a wtv remamer program, they can rename the files so that xbmc can scrape the metadata info for you (usually).

BTW, the wmc addon won't do anything without serverwmc running on your wmc machine.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I figured as much that the WMC add on doesn't work without ServerWMC, but I tried it just to be sure Smile

I can do without the option to delete the files.

So, that leaves the sorting of the files. I did find how to add the location to the video library. However, the field "Creation date" or "Last changed" (that is what one can use to sort by) is different from the field "Recording time" which contains the exact date and time on which the recording started. Should I be in a different section of the forum to request such a feature?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View "Recorded TV" same as in WMC0