what is it?
i am the very average user and really confused. a friend reccommended this site as being a source of tv, movie, etc. i was very confused by the various updates updates and more updates as well as the name change (how long has this been around?) in progress, etc. i could no listing of any subjects or materials available. as far as using a cable to connect my tv to my computer - no, i haven't been interested in that before and see no reason to throw more spaghetti around which is pretty standard without having to download all the stuff again. as far as another photo library - why? tv programming-hulu is fine. thanks, but i think i overestimated or my friend overhyped another app someone was trying to sell for his phone, i guess
XBMC is about this! Its probably been around longer then you have been on this earth.

Ohhh and if you paid for XBMC, you have been robbed.
(2014-08-08, 17:46)robertallenone Wrote: a friend reccommended this site as being a source of tv, movie, etc.

Your friend is incorrect. XBMC/Kodi is just a player of video files. XBMC/Kodi does not provide any content itself. You have to provide your own content or use add-ons/services/streaming. We can't help you with bootleg (pirated) content, though, per our forum rules (wiki). People often mistake XBMC as being a source of pirated content because other people will pre-install those kinds of add-ons, but XBMC is still nothing more than a player.

In other words, it would be like downloading VLC and expecting it to provide movies.
I don't understand this post.

You don''t know what xbmc is, so you decided to post on the forum? Why not view the about page like helta linked.

http://xbmc.org/about/

and

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_Media_Center
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what is it?0