Linux Unable to log into XBMCbuntu Desktop Session
Hey everyone

I am having problems logging into the XMBCbuntu Desktop Session. Every time I trieto switch from XBMC to the desktop my TV loses the HDMI Signal.
Before this happened I changed the overscan settings inside XBMC but resetting those did not change anything.

Is there any way I can reset the desktop settings?
Has anyone else encountered this problem and has found a solution?

Thanks in advance

Fottes
So, this is on the same computer, and you're saying when you switch window, from XBMC to desktop, that's when you're losing video.

If you're not interested in preserving any settings, I think you can rm -rfv ~/.xbmc/user and that will return you to factory defaults. Can anyone else concur that's correct, I'd not want to mislead anyone here Smile
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
First of all thank you for your answer.
Yep it is the same computer but i don't switch windows from XMBC to desktop.
Since I use XBMCbuntu i log out of the XBMC Session and try to log into the XBMCbuntu Session and this is where it fails.

I thought the userdata folder in ~/.xbmc is only used for settings of XBMC itself isnt it?

Since my last post I was finally able to get the network working again so I used ssh to get access to my HTPC.
I tried the solution which was suggested here but using
Code:
Code:
sudo service lightdm restart
to restart the x server only brings me back to the login screen.
deleting .xbmc/ is not going to fix this IMHO.

It sounds like XBMCbuntu is changing video modes to something incompatible with your TV.

When you are in XBMC ssh in and use xrandr to get info on what mode X is running at, eg
Code:
xrandr > xrandr-xbmc.txt
Then switch to the situation where the error occurs and run
Code:
xrandr > xrandr-blank.txt

You now have two outputs to compare. If it is now running at a different mode, switch it with xrandr and see if anything comes up on the screen.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks a lot this way i was able to solve it.
FYI my TV was set to a resolution of 320 x 200 Smile
Glad to help. 320x200 is a pretty funky resolution.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to log into XBMCbuntu Desktop Session0