DirecTV XBMC remote
Hello,

Can anyone suggest a keyboard touchpad remote that can control both my Ubuntu 14.04 XBMC setup AND control a DirecTV receiver? It would be an added benefit if it could control my LG flatscreen to. I was looking at this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/iPazzPort-Wireless...ouchpad+rf

But I can find no documentation about getting it to work on cable receivers. I know I can just use my DirecTV remote istelf with lirc and I could also use an iPhone app but I really like the functionality of the keyboard/trackpad remotes. It'd be an added benefit if it could be programed to control even more devices but the XBMC and my DirecTV are the main ones. Anyone have any ideas?
iPazzPort Wireless fly Keyboard

I bought this one recently and it works well with Openelec. It has has Air Mouse rather than touch pad.
It has dedicated buttons in the back which can control my TV and receiver (after IR learning).
I have been using it for last 2 weeks or so. It gets the job done. No clue about long term reliability.

Sorry forgot to tell you I have Onkyo AV receiver. Cant tell you about DirectTV cable receiver.
I went through the link that you posted. It doesn't look like it has IR learning capability. Its only RF (as opposed to RF+IR in the remote I suggested).
Thank you very much for your suggestion. It's okay about the Onkyo, I'm sure it makes things easier. I'm sure there's a simple solution to this that I just haven't figured out yet.
Well the iPazzPort site does list the remote as being able to control DirecTV receivers so your suggestion stands. Thank you.
You are more than welcome, I'm glad I could help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DirecTV XBMC remote0