Solved Can't get all needed folders into the Library
I installed XBMC on my son's new Nexus and my daughter's laptop, so I need to make separate kid friendly folders on the HTPC for my kid's devices to access video. Can't have them getting nightmares on me. Smile I transferred (cut and paste) the kid friendly media I have to subfolders within the folders that my HTPC scans for everything. Adding only the kid friendly folders as TV Shows and Movies within their XBMC libraries it works fine for their devices, but now my library will not pick up the new subfolders.

I used to have this folder structure. Nice and simple. My HTPC picks up everything with no troubles whatsoever.

---TV Collection Main Folder
--TV Shows (added this folder via Add Videos... and named it TV Shows in XBMC
-- Movies (added this folder the same way and named it Movies)

Now I'm using this folder structure so my kids can access only what I want them to watch. My HTPC is not detecting the Kid Safe folder media for the library.

----TV Collection: Main Folder
---TV Shows
----Kid Safe TV
--- Movies
---Kid Safe Movies

Picking up the TV shows and movies for the kid's devices is working fine, but now my library will not pick up the media that is in the kid safe folders. It only picks up what's in the main TV Shows and Movies folders. I've cleaned and updated my library a couple times but still no go. I also checked the Recursive Scanning option when adding media as well. If I try to add the Kids safe folders separately with Add Videos... they still won't go into the TV and Movie libraries on my HTPC. Can someone enlighten me? What am I forgetting to do here?
I love walking into Radio Shack and when the worker asks what you need, I say "I'm looking for a 1N4148 Diode." Then they have the look on their face of absolute uselessness. If it's not a cell phone, they just don't know what it is any more.
ugh... Never mind. After days of turmoil I had forgotten that you can add more than one folder location to a particular source within XBMC. My problem is solved now. Please delete my post if you're kind enough... Otherwise feel free to insult my stupidity! Smile
I love walking into Radio Shack and when the worker asks what you need, I say "I'm looking for a 1N4148 Diode." Then they have the look on their face of absolute uselessness. If it's not a cell phone, they just don't know what it is any more.
You don't need to, did you have the content of the new source set to none by any chance?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get all needed folders into the Library0