Android XBMC 13.1 external player
Hi all,

I'm sorry to bother you about this, but I cannot found a "definitve" information...

I've an ODROID with Android 4.4.2, and XBMC 13.1 Gotham.
The problem is that sometimes XBMC crashes playing a movie, or some movies are not shown properly, even if MX PLAYER is not having the same issues.

I tried to set up XBMC to use an external player with the playercorefactory.xml, but the default player is always used.

I read many thing over internet, that the external player support is not working on XBMC for android, that I should disable Mediacodec and use libstagefright, but it seems to me that it has to be used with Android 4.0 only...

Am i doing something wrong or have you any suggestion?
Maybe 13.2 is fixing the issue of the playercorefactory.xml?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Luca
you can always try the 14.0 version. it should have all latest fixes/changes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-09, 11:34)Martijn Wrote: you can always try the 14.0 version. it should have all latest fixes/changes

Wow, the version 14? it is still alpha, I'm not sure how much is stable.
Anyway make a test is easy, am I right if I say that all my settings, plugin and customization are inside the USERDATA folder?
For anyone is having the same issues, I figured out.

First of all it is important to switch back to the CONFLUENCE skin in case of a customized one.
Go to SYSTEM APPERANCE and switch the user level in the bottom left of the screen.

Now go to VIDEO and you will see ACCELERATION, on which you can check the Hardware acceleration, and disable the MEDIACODEC, keeping LIBSTAGEFRIGHT only.

Now you can switch back to the custom skin keeping all settings!

Luca
if your skin hasn't got that settings level button it means that it's not "official" gotham supported
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the info, I will check better!
Anyway it is AEON MQ5
I know Aeon mq5 will crash minix xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.1 external player0