Slowdown ATI --> Nvidia
Since upgrading my HTPC with a new video-card ATI 4650 to Nvidia GT730 I noticed random slowdowns. The strange thing is that CPU usage <10%. The problem reoccurs on different file sources.

I`m totally lost in what could be the cause, I`m thinking of trading is for a LP ATI card. Any advice?

Side note: The GT730 is plugged in a 16xPCI-E slot, the 730 is actually not full size PCI-E.
  • Version: XBMC 13.1
  • Platform:Windows 7 professional 64bit
  • CPU: Intel Pentium G3420
  • RAM: Kingston 1x4GB, DDR3, PC10666
  • Graphics: Nvidia GT730 SL 2GD3 (Asus)
  • Graphics OLD: ATI 4650 (CLUB3D)
  • Configuration: Full screen, adjust refresh rate to source
Think you will have to define 'random slowdowns' a little better and probably grab a debug log (wiki) if you want some help.

Why would you expect CPU usage to be high when it's the GFX card doing the video processing?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-09, 13:59)black_eagle Wrote: Think you will have to define 'random slowdowns' a little better and probably grab a debug log (wiki) if you want some help.

Why would you expect CPU usage to be high when it's the GFX card doing the video processing?

Slowdown as in; frame skipping, a non-fluent motion but the FPS remains ~24fps. Just wanted to point out that it isn't a CPU issue.

LOG:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=264318

I hope this helps.
Try in settings to set use true full screen instead of full screen windowed.
Thank you, I tried a different movie via Windows Media Player - Classic (HC), unfortunately the same issue reoccurs. Would it be correct to assume it is a driver/hardware issue, not a XBMC issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slowdown ATI --> Nvidia0