TheTVDB - anyone ever got absolute numbering working?
Dear All

It's been really for years now - every now and then, I admit Wink - that I try to get TheTVDB run with "absolute numbering". Did anyone ever got this working?
I have read, that this doesn't work for all series - but I tried a lot, also mass series of children broadcasts - no luck.
Tried many file naming conventions and also many settings within advancedsettings.xml - no luck. I DID run the debug procedure as described in the wiki - they seem to be recognized but there's no naming according to it within xbmc.

Did YOU manage to make it run? If so, could you help me, please? My xmltv provider provides absolute numbering and I change each recording manually to relative numbering. Sad

If you're able to get (pure) absolute numbering with TheTVDB scraper effective, could you please answer these initial questions?
  • Which series does it work for - or all? (If not all, pls. propose a working example)
  • What is the actual file naming for recordings of your series? (format sxxexx)
  • Did you expand the advancedsettings.xml for that and if yes - by which string?

Thanks a lot in advance - I searched for this topic many times, I think, quite many users have this issue and might be happy about your contribution.

Kind regards from Switzerland - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
Hi I know that this is a relatively old post but I thought I would tell you how I have set out absolute numbering on my setup.

Firstly, I have created a separate TV Absolute Folder, which I have also done for DVD Order. The only show I have in this folder at the moment is Cowboy Bebop. Looking at the timestamp these were created back in 2007 for one of my first XBMC builds so I may have manually named all of these. A mass file renaming program such as "Advanced Renamer" could be used though instead if you have a mass of these series which is what I try and do now.

From what I gathered absolute numbering assumes that this there is just one season so all episodes in the case are numbered S01EXXX to try and give you some extra room for a show like say Dragonball Z with episodes into the 100s.

I did not change the advancedsettings.xml at all to get this to work. As this is a seperate source for TV I can then adjust the setting of the TVDB scraper on the far right to use "Absolute Numbering (One Season)" and let it do the refresh for all files in this path. I just tested this on XBMC 13.2 RC now and it scraped them perfectly into this new library.

Hope this helps
Hi FBRogers

Thanks a lot for your explanation. It works... partly. Means: for some series yes, for some (most) series not. Unfortunately, this is not useful (not your fault! Wink ) for me, having over 270 series...

Nevertheless - thanks a lot for taking the time and trying out. I never could manage to make it work for ANY series so far. And I think, this may be useful for future "searchers".

Kind regards from Switzerland - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB - anyone ever got absolute numbering working?0