Solved Dual Audio Out - Help needed
Hi all!

I recently set up my Pi with Raspbmc and am loving it. However I am having some trouble with getting dual audio out working. I've played with the audio settings in the GUI endlessly and search the web but cant seem to find a solution to this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is my setup:

RPI connected to AVR (Onkyo tx nr509) via HDMI
RPI connected to secondary amp via 3.5 mm audio
Audio files stored on windows home server accessed over wifi

The AVR is for my home theater setup (obviously) and the secondary amp is to power a set of outdoor speakers.

Both sets of speakers work fine independently. However I can't get them to work together. I can get either set of speakers working by using the "audio output device" setting and change it between HDMI and analog. Pass through is set to true

HDMI setting results in music inside (AVR)
Analog setting will play music outside (secondary amp)

It seems that I should be able to set "dual audio output" to true and have both playing at the same time but this is not working. Again, I have played with the audio configurations endlessly can't seem to figure it out. The problem exists on both OpenELEC and Raspbmc so I am wondering if this is a hardware issue? I have seen posts on the web say that this should work so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

If someone could steer me in the right direction here I would really appreciate it!!!
Dual audio is only currently supported by omxplayer.

That means by default, it works for videos but not music. You can change default audio player to omxplayer to get dual audio, but you lose some features (visualisation, gapless).
You want something like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
  <!-- Default audio player: paplayer or dvdplayer -->
  <defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
(2014-08-09, 16:48)popcornmix Wrote: Dual audio is only currently supported by omxplayer.

That means by default, it works for videos but not music. You can change default audio player to omxplayer to get dual audio, but you lose some features (visualisation, gapless).
You want something like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
  <!-- Default audio player: paplayer or dvdplayer -->
  <defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml

That fixed it!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Audio Out - Help needed0