1080p playback lagging
Hello guys, ive been playing around with XBMC for about a month a some now. and my recent experience has been giving me a small headache, need some help here. please bare with me.

system: Thecus N2200xxx NAS attached to D-Link DIR-605L through Ethernet cable, then attached to Radax Rock ARM board (RK3188 processor with 2GB RAM)
Software: XBMC 13.1 stable

now something is a bit off when i was playing some of the 1080P Movies (not all the 1080p movies ive downloaded will do this). the movie will play fine for a few second sometimes a few minutes, then it will starts lagging pretty badly. however the same video will play just fine with MX Player (ARM V7 Code Pack). I've came up with a few hypothesis on the problem, perhaps someone can give me a few pointers.

1. i thought this might be caused by the Cpu/Gpu's ability to hardware or software decoding. that or XBMC's own code pack is just not a good as the ones for MX player. however, then it should have been lagging since the very beginning? makes no sense to me if the video was playing fine for a few mins then went all lagging afterward. (CPU showing usage at around 50-60%)

2. i also thought this might be caused by Buffer cache size. therefore i have increased the buffer size in advancedsettings.xml, please see below for the script
=============================
-<advancedsettings>
-<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>502428800</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>2</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
============================
this helped a little, however still does the same thing.

can anyone help me out a little?
-<advancedsettings>
-<network>

are those "-" intentional?

Here, sing that song: Debug Log Debug Log debug debug log (Melodie: Jingle bells).

Xbmc does not use a codec pack.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p playback lagging0