Win Keymap works perfectly but NO functions work in MyMusic [Frodo]
Hi there,

First time posting so apologies if I have already screwed something up http://forum.xbmc.org/images/icons/tongue.gif and might I add that this is fantastic software http://forum.xbmc.org/images/icons/wink.gif, I have tried em all and this is way above all competitors.

I have spent days trying to resolve this issue myself including going through forums and release notes and cannot find any answers anywhere so I have finally become desperate enough to throw myself on the mercy of this forum!

I have a custom keymap setup (for XBOX 360 wireless receiver) which works perfectly in ALL areas of XBMC with the exception of MyMusic, once I start something playing it seems that only global commands operate and that basically means all I can do is to exit! I have tried changing the order of the keymap in case that made any difference and only have this and a basic keyboard.xml loaded so there are no conflicts with any ghost devices.

It is mainly inside the visualisation section I am now concentrating my efforts (short version is that RB and LB should skip tracks like , and . do on the keyboard (yes that does work as does left and right arrow):

my XML contains the following (and for testing this is ALL it contains):

<keymap>

<Visualisation>
<joystick name="Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver For Windows)">
<button id="1">Pause</button>
<button id="2">Stop</button>
<button id="3">CodecInfo</button>
<button id="4">XBMC.ActivateWindow(VisualisationPresetList)</button>
<button id="5">SkipPrevious</button>
<button id="6">SkipNext</button>
<button id="7">Info</button>
<button id="8">XBMC.ActivateWindow(MusicOSD)</button>
<hat id="1" position="up">NextPreset</hat>
<hat id="1" position="right">SkipNext</hat>
<hat id="1" position="down">PreviousPreset</hat>
<hat id="1" position="left">SkipPrevious</hat>
<axis limit="-1" id="4">AnalogRewind</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="4">AnalogFastForward</axis>
</joystick>
</Visualisation>

<global>
<joystick name="Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)">
<button id="1">Select</button>
<button id="2">ParentDir</button>
<button id="3">FullScreen</button>
<button id="4">Queue</button>
<button id="5">ContextMenu</button>
<button id="6">XBMC.ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</button>
<button id="8">PreviousMenu</button>
<button id="9">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</button>
<button id="10">ToggleWatched</button>
<hat id="1" position="up">Up</hat>
<hat id="1" position="down">Down</hat>
<hat id="1" position="left">Left</hat>
<hat id="1" position="right">Right</hat>
<axis limit="-1" id="3">VolumeUp</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="3">VolumeDown</axis>
<axis limit="-1" id="4">AnalogSeekBack</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="4">AnalogSeekForward</axis>
<axis limit="-1" id="2">ScrollUp</axis>
<axis limit="+1" id="2">ScrollDown</axis>
</joystick>
</global>

</keymap>

I have logging on to see what effect the buttons are having (although my log doesn't look so helpful as some others that seem to give more specifics about the result of actions) but...

Here is an example of pressing button 6 (RB) which should skip forwards:

Joystick 0 button 6 Up
17:29:05 T:3808 DEBUG: Joystick 0 button 6 Down
17:29:05 T:3808 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10114
17:29:05 T:3808 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (PlayerControls.xml) ------
17:29:05 T:3808 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (PlayerControls.xml) ------

If you compare with the xml above - Playercontrols should only be called from the global so it seems to just be by-passing the Vis section entirely (although why it inits then deinits I have no explanation!)

And here is what happens if I press right on my digital pad (should also skip forwards):

17:29:07 T:3808 DEBUG: Joystick 0 hat 1 Down
17:29:07 T:3808 DEBUG: Joystick 0 hat 1 Centered
17:29:07 T:2116 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x6b779a8

OMG I have tried sooo many searches to find more info on whatever that means!!! What it doesn't do is skipnext!!!!

Can I just stress that the XML above is almost identical throughout my keymap file and works perfectly to say skip next on video playlists or skip next photo etc so the pad / naming / general XML structure is NOT to blame, also I have tested pasting sections into any program that mentions "music" at all to make sure I covered all the bases.

ANY help would be really REALLY appreciated at this point, I understand this is only affecting myself (although I have seen some similar posts that never seemed to go anywhere) but I LOVE this software and want it to fully work.

G-man
Can you post a full debug log (wiki) to a pastebin site and link here?
Hi Ned,

Thank you for responding to what I understand is not a simple or even important issue in the grand scheme!

Here is the link to the debug log

G-Man
Cannot say I am blown away with all of zero attempts to assist with my issue! (Credit to Ned he did post although never actually did anything after I posted the log so + 1/100 of a reputation point)

Considering the crap people post and get responses to (largely with a winge they have posted the wrong place or its been answered elsewhere) I thought I may have a couple of replies given that I DID actually provide the details generally needed, a thorough and fairly complete description, copies of the relevant segments of files etc.

But I guess that as this isn't a simple one liner fix and doubtful will do much for the feckin rep points therefore no one could be arsed eh?

And the worst thing - I don't generally do forums and mostly agree with the sentiment regularly given of "the answer is already there somewhere!" After reading so much on here and seeing how many issues I could help with potentially and what a nice community it was for the most part I really thought I could be someone able to assist on a variety of issues and therefore used this single query as a bit of a testing ground to really see what kind of proper techies were around (non-standard problem that likely no-one else has reported and affecting no-one else, what kind of dedicated geek would pass up on that challenge I thought). Guess I was just plain wrong about this place and will not be darkening your doorstep with my queries or help in future.

Thanks for nothing :'(
my mistake, apologies

Anyway, took a look at the log, but I'm afraid it's beyond my ability to see what's up. Someone with a lot more knowledge than me would need to look at it;
Well you tried Davelr so thank you for that Smile

If the rules allow then +1 REP for your attempt

I suggest someone with access just delete my thread, it will not get solved
It could be case sensative. Your global is "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)" with a lowercase "f" on "for". Your Visualisation is "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver For Windows)" with an uppercase "F" on "for". I would make sure that both are lowercase "f" on "for".

Everything else seems correct and there are no errors in the log.
Well thanks very much Ned, as you can tell I had rather lost heart there but I am really gratified by your attempt to help SmileSmile

I had checked the file through text editors etc and never noticed the case difference! In the end though I gave up and made the upgrade to Gotham! I was pleasantly surprised to find far more worked and transferred with little effort to the new version and what do you know - even with no changes the keymap started working correctly anyway. That result seems to suggest some kind of bug in Frodo but since Gotham has arrived its a bit moot.

Thanks again Ned

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap works perfectly but NO functions work in MyMusic [Frodo]0