• 10(current)
Release Fuse
This is looking great. Every time check in on progress I'm continuously blown away. I'm just wondering how light weight it will be? I run XBMC on a Raspberry Pi so for my own personal needs I need to use light weight skins, and this is definitely a skin that I'd like to use when it is ready.

Keep up the amazing work. XBMX/Kodi is blessed to have such talented contributors as yourself.
Poster Lover..... ?
Yes, here i am Wink
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
(2014-08-29, 05:11)StealthDefender Wrote: Poster Lover..... ?
Yes, here i am Wink

+1 Wink
I can't choose between the two styles. They're both fantastic.
Hey Butch, looks like you must give us the option to select which style we would use? Wink
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
Thanx for your feedback.

I prefer the poster version, due better navigation between menus and items. I'm not sure yet if there will be an option.
(2014-08-28, 00:45)butchabay Wrote: Thanx dudes Smile

Info List View for Movies:

I have an idea for info list view: while you're moving through the list the fan art squeezes all the way up and darkens - so users can see more of the library at one time when they're looking for a title - but when you stay idle on one title for two seconds or so, the fan art un-squeezes and un-darkens to reveal itself.. all with smooth animations.

If that's all possible of course ^
im litteraly throwing money at my pc, this is the most fantastic skin i have seen in years.

take your time, all though, and alpha is always great so we all can get a sneak peek. but take your time and make it great, looks so god already
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2014-08-29, 17:57)HassanTheGooner Wrote: I have an idea for info list view: while you're moving through the list the fan art squeezes all the way up and darkens - so users can see more of the library at one time when they're looking for a title - but when you stay idle on one title for two seconds or so, the fan art un-squeezes and un-darkens to reveal itself.. all with smooth animations.

If that's all possible of course ^

Thanx for your suggestion, i'll think about.

(2014-08-30, 17:39)henrikyo Wrote: im litteraly throwing money at my pc, this is the most fantastic skin i have seen in years.

take your time, all though, and alpha is always great so we all can get a sneak peek. but take your time and make it great, looks so god already

Smile Lucky you, throw your money in my direction ... hahaha
Talking about alpha at this stage ... hmmm ... we'll see, there is still about 90% to do Smile
Here how the navigation will look like. Pressing down from the main menu brings you to the selectable widgets menu, oncklick will open the respective library, ondown to the movie panel which you can scroll with left or right, by pressing up you'll return to the widgets menu.

This is the reason why i would like to go the way with poster instead of text list.

I see the navigation benefits to using posters. There is just something really elegant though about using text with a beautifully framed movie art above it with no other artwork (posters, etc...) on the screen.
Well, i'm sure at least there will be an option to choose the text list version as alternative home screen.
Liking the poster view, would suggest centering the "Recently Added", "New Releases", etc. headings over the 3 posters and centering the triangle over the heading.

The left align however works well with the text list view.

Example:

My 2 cents on the poster navigation (which also looks pretty awesome):
Please consider not fading the inactive items..it's really hard to adjust to which item is selected when entering that mode as the active item will not change state. I.e. the item that is selected looks exactly as it did prior to selecting it, the brain pulls focus to the inactive items as they actually change.

My alternative thoughts are:
Border around the item in the accent color (orange/etc)
Fade the active item instead of the inactive items
Raise/lower the active item (would not look as good imo as it breaks the clean inferred lines)
Add a border on the top with an arrow in the same style as the active "tab" under the fanart
(2014-08-30, 22:17)Ic3y Wrote: Liking the poster view, would suggest centering the "Recently Added", "New Releases", etc. headings over the 3 posters and centering the triangle over the heading.

The left align however works well with the text list view.

Example:

Thanx for your mockup, i agree that center aligned looks good, however i'm not sure, because the titles are left aligned. Going to give it a try later.

(2014-08-30, 22:30)Shadowsoul Wrote: My 2 cents on the poster navigation (which also looks pretty awesome):
Please consider not fading the inactive items..it's really hard to adjust to which item is selected when entering that mode as the active item will not change state. I.e. the item that is selected looks exactly as it did prior to selecting it, the brain pulls focus to the inactive items as they actually change.

My alternative thoughts are:
Border around the item in the accent color (orange/etc)
Fade the active item instead of the inactive items
Raise/lower the active item (would not look as good imo as it breaks the clean inferred lines)
Add a border on the top with an arrow in the same style as the active "tab" under the fanart

Thanx ...
I came up with this solution:

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fuse29