• 4(current)
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore
Pfff...

Quote:Hello,

Thank you for writing back. We do not have any additional information at this time. We have noted your case number and app name, and if we do have additional information, we will reach out to you directly by reopening this case.

Wonder if it's not just because SPMC/Kodi would shadow their own services Wink
HAHAHAHAAHA, that's the most bizarre response I've ever seen. Not a yes, not a no, not even a maybe. Sounds like the person that decides is on vacation and they figured some response is better than none.
What the heck is a kindle TV? The name of the product is Fire TV.

Sheesh.

Android TV can't come out soon enough.
(2014-08-15, 20:19)Amazon Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for writing back. We do not have any additional information at this time. We have noted your case number and app name, and if we do have additional information, we will reach out to you directly by reopening this case.

It appears as though the case is closed on the SPMC app being available in the Amazon App Store. Oh well, there is always the ability to sideload the app with options to place SPMC on the Fire TV home screen.
(2014-08-15, 20:25)MeatGrinder Wrote: HAHAHAHAAHA, that's the most bizarre response I've ever seen. Not a yes, not a no, not even a maybe. Sounds like the person that decides is on vacation and they figured some response is better than none.
Yeah. I have the feeling they purposely do not publish clear guidelines to be able to take whatever arbitrary decision they see fit.

Plex is in, though. So maybe just because SPMC is free? Wink
Noticed new SPMC today with ffmpeg 2.3, was it rebased to the most current gotham rc1 as well?
It is hard to keep track of what's what and where things are in dev cycles with the two different builds. Do fixes and changes in SPMC get rolled back into XBMC/Kodi?
Should everyone with a Firetv just have both XBMC and SPMC to test against each other if a bug arises?
Is the dvdplayer librtmp updated in this build or running stock?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Stock librtmp.

For the record, the backport of ffmpeg 2.3 is in preparation of implementing H265 h/w decoding on amlogic S805.
SPMC is always rebased on latest XBMC Gotham.
All "acceptable" SPMC fixes are upstreamed, to XBMC but most will only be in Helix.
I installed SPMC on my ATV, but I went ahead and used the fusion install wizard.
But when I did, I clicked on the android wizard not seeing the ATV listed below it.
It seems to be working fine except for the sound. It stays at one volume. Is there a fix for that?
Thanks for the help.
(2014-08-17, 00:56)Jasper12 Wrote: I installed SPMC on my ATV, but I went ahead and used the fusion install wizard.
But when I did, I clicked on the android wizard not seeing the ATV listed below it.
It seems to be working fine except for the sound. It stays at one volume. Is there a fix for that?
Thanks for the help.

Fusion install wizard is not supported here. It's evil and will destroy your system
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't know anything about the fusion install wizard but the FTV doesn't have an audio chip. You can't turn the volume down from within XBMC/SPMC (or anywhere else in the FireTV). Its always at 100 percent. You can digitally boost the volume from within XBMC/SPMC tho.
Many thanks for getting this into the store.
I had purchased a nook just before Christmas when my previous tablet died and funds just really were not there for something of higher price. I knew i would have to root to have any chance of getting xbmc on there, another job on the list.

Hasn't moved too far up the list either and now i have this its removed.

Would have come and said thanks sooner but every spare minute has been spent setting it up. It seems to run a lot smoother than the Gotham build on my wives tablet too......

Thanks again!
(2014-08-10, 19:51)mjbxx Wrote: I have the Google Play Store and Market Helper installed on the Fire TV that allowed me access to @Koying new SPMC app. This was actually the first time I installed an app from the Google Play Store on the Fire TV and it worked like a charm. Will be testing SPMC and look forward to the future release of Kodi.

How did you get it from the Google Play Store on your Fire TV? I have mine rooted, the Google Play Store enabled and can't even get the SPMC app to come up in a search within the google play store. Same for any other apps I am interested in and trying to go to my apps, settings,etc. doesn't respond. Is there some sort of setting I need to change or enable to make that happen?
Working fine on my Nexus 10 running 4.4.3...
Thanks as was having problems with the Gotham 13.1 build shutting down on start up..
(2014-08-17, 20:11)mulliganman Wrote:
(2014-08-10, 19:51)mjbxx Wrote: I have the Google Play Store and Market Helper installed on the Fire TV that allowed me access to @Koying new SPMC app. This was actually the first time I installed an app from the Google Play Store on the Fire TV and it worked like a charm. Will be testing SPMC and look forward to the future release of Kodi.

How did you get it from the Google Play Store on your Fire TV? I have mine rooted, the Google Play Store enabled and can't even get the SPMC app to come up in a search within the google play store. Same for any other apps I am interested in and trying to go to my apps, settings,etc. doesn't respond. Is there some sort of setting I need to change or enable to make that happen?

Forget to mention i also have market helper installed. Anyone with an idea?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore5