• 9(current)
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore
(2014-10-08, 07:49)Koying Wrote: So, sideload + "buy" on the Web amazon store (even if marked as non-compatible) makes it appear on the recent app list.

Also worked for me, FW version 51.1.3.0_user_513011820, German app shop.

(2014-10-07, 17:59)Feierstarter Wrote: Edit: One thing I noticed is that if I open the Apps-Detail Screen it reports that there are no supported controllers. All my other Apps report minimum the Fire Tv Remote as supported controller. Maybe this is the reason why it is reported as incompatible with Fire TV in the Amazon Store?

@koying: Did you notice this? If I were Amazon, I wouldn't mark an app without a supported controller as compatible either. So change that and resubmit?
(2014-10-17, 12:25)dapperdanman Wrote: @koying: Did you notice this? If I were Amazon, I wouldn't mark an app without a supported controller as compatible either. So change that and resubmit?
Sure. Just that Amazon itself decides if an app is "controller compatible" or not...
I obviously indicated that it was, they just don't seem to take that much into account.
I see that there is an update to SPMC as of 10/26. Non launcher is now the standard.
Koying, I hope you'll continue to release future SPMC builds based off Helix. As Amazon has locked root and is forcing firmware updates, your version becomes more compelling.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Just tried out the new version on Fire TV and it is great how the system can now sleep while SPMC is running without being rooted. I noticed that HardwareGuru Afspeler is in the programs menu. Is this installed with SPMC?
Oups... Mismatched builds...
Weird, i couldn't find SPMC on my uk firetv last night when checking under their app store and amazon said it was incompatible (I have the latest firmware on the UK Aftv).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5l7o5iulx9hu9p/spmc.JPG?dl=0

The manual install worked great though.

Koying - If I was to use the backup app for xbmc, uninstall and then download from the appstore would there be any issues you can think of? I wanted to do this to get the shortcut on the home page.
Anyone get a "odd" issue when they hit Stop... the screen looks goes a little clunky for a second before returning to the previous menu. It sometimes looks like a chopped up screenshot of the previous menu.
(2014-10-11, 04:00)Tight_wad Wrote: None of mine show it. One not rooted and two that are.

Same with me. I have one rooted and one not. I can't get SPMC to show up in Apps or Recent Apps. The app is compatible with the FTV remote and the FTV so surely it would just be a matter of notifying Amazon to get them to label it as compatible, assuming it is!

The same situation arose recently with a Flikr app which was labelled not compatible. The author emailed Amazon and they fixed the mislabelling within a day.

philip
Can anyone give me an explanation of what this is ?

'HardwareGuru Afspeler'

..... and what it can do for the FIRETV ?

I had a quick google, but couldn't see anything.
(2014-10-29, 10:23)theINSKIP Wrote: Can anyone give me an explanation of what this is ?

'HardwareGuru Afspeler'

some rip-off version which we don not want anything to do with. No support what so ever.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Right then, I will leave that option alone then !

Thanks
(2014-10-29, 10:26)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 10:23)theINSKIP Wrote: Can anyone give me an explanation of what this is ?

'HardwareGuru Afspeler'

some rip-off version which we don not want anything to do with. No support what so ever.

I have that and HardwareGuru Updater. I thought they came preinstalled with SPMC 13.3.3 from Koying's site. Am I wrong? Now you say it's from some rip-off version?? I don't understand. Please clarify.
That was a packaging mistake from my side. I've uploaded fresh versions without them.
But now, SPMC miss the pvr addons Sad

*sigh* Speak about a release fiasco...
So I can delete them? Or should I reinstall the fresh version? I don't use pvr. Thanks.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore5