better xbmc experience
Whats is the simple methord to transfer my noobs sd card setup to a usb drive. I am hoping this will make things run more faster. correct me if I am wrong.My noobs card is only 4gb so I want to transfer to a usb 3.0 32gb usb stick. I am also finding loading/caching library also slow on mashup etc.
I overclocked it yesterday and found it to be a little faster, is there anything else I could do to speed things up?
whats slow for you?
(2014-08-10, 17:25)stuCONNERS Wrote: whats slow for you?

mashup loading libraries seem really slow,someone said if you have it on usb it makes it faster.
The official NOOB card is pretty quick, so I don't think you'll see much advantage with USB.
However the official NOOBS card is 8G. If yours is 4G it probably is a different card and may be slower.

What overclock settings are you using?

You won't get support for piracy add-ons here (and you may find your post gets binned).
It would be better if you could explain explain the problem using an add-on from the official xbmc repo.
(2014-08-10, 17:55)popcornmix Wrote: The official NOOB card is pretty quick, so I don't think you'll see much advantage with USB.
However the official NOOBS card is 8G. If yours is 4G it probably is a different card and may be slower.

What overclock settings are you using?

You won't get support for piracy add-ons here (and you may find your post gets binned).
It would be better if you could explain explain the problem using an add-on from the official xbmc repo.

sorry its the 8g noobs card not 4g.
if it's an addon that's slow, the only thing you can probably do is overclock. A USB stick/drive won't help - depends a little though on how the addon works and is coded. Many addons do very ugly things that do not show any slowdown on the PC the devs are coding on or a moderate HTPC, but are very noticable on low power devices such as the PI. So in addition to overclocking your PI, ping the addon author and ask if there could be something optimized in the addon.
A bit more information about your setup might help. What version of xbmc are you using? Whats your current over-clock? Is mash-up the only addon thats slow?
(2014-08-10, 21:48)stuCONNERS Wrote: A bit more information about your setup might help. What version of xbmc are you using? Whats your current over-clock? Is mash-up the only addon thats slow?

openelec via noobs.8gb noobs card.clocked at 1000mz.yes mashup takes a while to buffer library.
lol yaqh do you want to get banned? any addons that lets you watch free movies is an addon that basically promotes piracy and so is prohibited here, so dont talk about it and def not mention the name, you've been advised several times(disclaimer I use that addon Big Grin ).

if your running at 1000mz most likely your experiencing what the Pi can do at peak possibly. that addon loads slow for the first time you enter any menu and then fast after that.

If your use to a full HTPC, you will find the Pi slow. For me its pretty fast.

a USB will not make any difference, I've tried it and the Noobs card is as fast, if not faster than a good USB flash. you can try playing around with overclocking. increase slowly. start with arm, then core and then a slight sdram.

good settings are

arm 1100
core 500
sdram 600
over_voltage 8
over voltage sdram 4

those are good speed to try to aim at.
(2014-08-10, 23:31)MediaPi Wrote: lol yaqh do you want to get banned? any addons that lets you watch free movies is an addon that basically promotes piracy and so is prohibited here, so dont talk about it and def not mention the name, you've been advised several times(disclaimer I use that addon Big Grin ).

if your running at 1000mz most likely your experiencing what the Pi can do at peak possibly. that addon loads slow for the first time you enter any menu and then fast after that.

If your use to a full HTPC, you will find the Pi slow. For me its pretty fast.

a USB will not make any difference, I've tried it and the Noobs card is as fast, if not faster than a good USB flash. you can try playing around with overclocking. increase slowly. start with arm, then core and then a slight sdram.

good settings are

arm 1100
core 500
sdram 600
over_voltage 8
over voltage sdram 4

those are good speed to try to aim at.
yea thanks .its weird i changes the overclocking setting in the config and under harware it showed 1000mhz, i have just gone in again and its showing 700mhz now,checked the config file and all look as it shoul be.
unless you haven't set "force_turbo=1" in your config, the overclocking will be on demand, so seeing 700 Mhz just means that CPU is idle and has clocked down again to it's default.
(2014-08-11, 10:43)da-anda Wrote: unless you haven't set "force_turbo=1" in your config, the overclocking will be on demand, so seeing 700 Mhz just means that CPU is idle and has clocked down again to it's default.

I used these settings.

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6

# set to 'force_turbo=1' to disable dynamic overclocking (you can lose your warranty!)
force_turbo=0
Yes, this is correct. Dynamic overclocking, which is what you are doing, only turns up the clock speed when its needed. When it's not processing/not needed, the Pi automatically backs the speed down. This isn't a problem, it's designed to be this way.

My server runs @2.95Ghz but when it's idle, it clocks back to 800Mhz.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-11, 11:34)black_eagle Wrote: Yes, this is correct. Dynamic overclocking, which is what you are doing, only turns up the clock speed when its needed. When it's not processing/not needed, the Pi automatically backs the speed down. This isn't a problem, it's designed to be this way.

My server runs @2.95Ghz but when it's idle, it clocks back to 800Mhz.

okay thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
better xbmc experience0