Req Music library: Multiple Artists on same song & Music brainz ID Tags
Hi,

I have been using xbmc for almost a year and i have now started to use the Music Library..

I found that Xmc 13.x Gotham has added some new features with musicbraiz tags.

I think thats a good idea and i just started to "re-catalog" all my music so i can get the "musicbrainz id tag" inside my mp3 or music files. Even is a hard work.. i think someday i will finish but it woth the while.

I found i can use the "<item separator>" tag so i can add a symbol like " ; " like a separator on the Id3 tag Genres and i found all my music library gets clear and order on the genres section.

This way 1 song with multiple genres can be reached in all genres that is involved..

What i like to suggests i think is not a difficult adding.. i think you can do the same for the "artists" on the song..

By now only one artist is recognized on xbmc.. and the " ; " item separator does not work and there is no chance to add a second "<item separator> tag.. only just one..

The new musicbrainz IDtags on the artist field comes with "/ " when two or more artist works in a theme.. and all names are codified with an artist id.

So for me is clear that doesn't matter what we have on "album artists" ID3tags.. " X featuring Y" " X / Y" or even "X ; Y".. the main choice has to be the musicbrainz Artist ID

This way a song like per example " lady marmalade" where 5 artists are involved will have the musicbrainz artist Id tag:

Code:
b202beb7-99bd-47e7-8b72-195c8d72ebdd/bc1b5c95-e6d6-46b5-957a-5e8908b02c1e/7c5e39c3-7645-4e37-968d-a4e45cd38c5d/f4d5cc07-3bc9-4836-9b15-88a08359bc63

But xbmc will recognize: Christina Aguilera / Lil' Kim / Mýa / Pink all on the song
not only Christina Aguilera..

That would be great not only for me, i think all users will benefit for this little change..

Also, would be great to have the chance to add more "item separators" so we can have more than one.. So maybe we can use the "/" on the artists ID3 tags and the " ; " on genres like music brainz do on genres..

What do you think? Is it possible?.. any chance to have it on the whole new KODI Helix 14.x?

Thanks!Big GrinBig Grin
Check here regarding multiple artists on the same song with MBID's.
thank you so much.. seems to be god news..

not only to gotham even for helix maybe they improve the reading of "separators"

Great.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library: Multiple Artists on same song & Music brainz ID Tags0