Disable gesture swipes in Gotham 13.1?
Hi everyone..

I have just updated my ipad 2 to IOS 7.1.2 due to my banking app not working on older iOS versions anymore. I always used the double home tap for quick volume and brightness adjustments, but now it's been replaced with the swipe up "control center".. This is fine, but while watching a movie in xbmc and needing to bring up these controls to change the volume or brightness results in the movie skipping forward.

Is there any way to disable it or has anyone found a workaround?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Touch_controls
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the link..

So if I create a touchscreen.xml file like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<touch>
<tap>LeftClick</tap>
<longpress>RightClick</longpress>
<tap pointers="2">RightClick</tap>
<pan>PanGesture</pan>
<swipe direction="left">SwipeLeft</swipe>
<swipe direction="left" pointers="2">Back</swipe>
<swipe direction="right">SwipeRight</swipe>
<swipe direction="up">SwipeUp</swipe>
<swipe direction="down">SwipeDown</swipe>
</touch>
</global>
<FullScreenVideo>
<touch>
<swipe direction="left">StepBack</swipe>
<swipe direction="right">StepForward</swipe>
<swipe direction="up">ChapterOrBigStepForward</swipe>
<swipe direction="down">ChapterOrBigStepBack</swipe>
<swipe direction="left" pointers="2">SmallStepBack</swipe>
</touch>
</FullScreenVideo>
<SlideShow>
<touch>
<zoom>ZoomGesture</zoom>
<rotate>RotateGesture</rotate>
</touch>
</SlideShow>
<MyFiles>
<touch>
<tap>Select</tap>
<swipe direction="left">Highlight</swipe>
<swipe direction="right">Highlight</swipe>
</touch>
</MyFiles>
</keymap>

What do I do to disable swipe up during full screen video completely? I have tried removing the whole line from the xml but it makes no change..
Replace a specific commend with "noop", for no operation. For example:

<swipe direction="up">noop</swipe>
I am very new at this....And I am not sure how to do a log file when I can't get out of the swipe screen so any help on that would be great so I can post log file if need be.

I figured out how to put the ipad and gotham into display mode #2 for the screen on the tv through apple tv 3rd gen, but now it won't let me change it back and when I do it goes to a screen that says Gotham and above that it is the screen that I actually need to click ok to change it back to mode #1.

The next problem is that when I go to Gotham when I am not connected to the apple tv and tv and want to watch a movie on iPad it is still in the swipe gesture mode and I cannot get it out.

Can anyone help with question #1 above and then how do I get out of this to watch on iPad?

Thank you

And by the way when I was using the swipe gesture with apple tv it was really cool...downloaded remote app and it is even better. Now to fix the above mentioned and it will be groovy!

Thanks
Captain Ducky
Ned, that did the trick!! Thank you so much!!!
So I was able to find how to do a log file, however at this point I cannot get out of the swipe screen. After looking over the link given above I couldn't find any information on how to get out of the swipe screen to proceed with the log file creation.

Any help in getting this fixed will be helpful.

Thanks!
(2014-08-14, 07:11)CaptainDucky Wrote: So I was able to find how to do a log file, however at this point I cannot get out of the swipe screen. After looking over the link given above I couldn't find any information on how to get out of the swipe screen to proceed with the log file creation.

Any help in getting this fixed will be helpful.

Thanks!

We're talking about two completely different things. Please start a new thread and be descriptive about your issue.
@ned Scott

I finally found this thread after much searching and I'm pleased to find that "NoOp" works to disable a command/gesture. But I must admit that I couldn't easily find this information anywhere else in the Kodi wiki info on keymaps, touchscreens, etc (unless I'm blind).

Would it make sense to add this "NoOp" detail to both the wiki and also to the info section at the start of the keymap (I mean what shows here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml before the <keymap> proper starts?

And would it also make sense for that entire info section to also be added to the start of the touchscreen.xml here too: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...screen.xml ?

Additionally, with regards to the touchscreen.xml I find that on my iPad <tap pointers="2">Playlist</tap> in FullScreenVideo doesn't seem to be that useful because it seems to just go back to a playlist of the one single item that is currently playing, which isn't helpful if you actually want to select something else to play.

I changed it to be <tap pointers="2">FullScreen</tap> which toggles the fullscreen video and shows the list/menu that you were previously in. In most cases returning to this list/menu seems to end up making more sense in terms of jumping back to some sort of 'playlist' and being able to select something else to play.

Unless perhaps there is a use case that I am not considering? But if not, would it make sense to change the master touchscreen.xml to reflect this?

In any case I will keep my custom <tap pointers="2">FullScreen</tap> in place because I also use it with an EPG addon to go out of fullscreen video and back to the EPG with PIP video continuing to play. This didn't work before on my iPad (but did on my remote driven devices) and it took quite a while to understand why.

I hope this will help other users and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Very good points. Indeed,the wiki pages on keymaps and input devices are in need a lot of love and attention. I'll try to work in some stuff based on your suggestions. Feel free to mention anything else you have ideas on, or even to jump in on the wiki and play around with the page directly. There's no real formal process to it, we just sort of change pages until they seem to make sense and be of some use :)

As for the playlist, that's basically only used for basic playlists (wiki). It might be better to use two-finger-up for something more common, though, as you say.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable gesture swipes in Gotham 13.1?0