Linux Audio options unavailable in xbmc when using xbmc.service and pulse audio
I tried but no luck.

Code:
% sudo find /usr -type f -name '*trigger*.service'
/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-udev-trigger.service

So inserted it:
Code:
% grep -i after /usr/lib/systemd/system/xbmc.service
After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target systemd-udev-trigger.service

Then started xbmc.service but same problem.
Code:
% sudo systemctl daemon-reload
% sudo systemctl start xbmc.service
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
-> arch forum that's the way we start it on ubuntu and there is no single problem with the audio hardware.

Code:
# xbmc-upstart
# starts XBMC on startup by using xinit.
# by default runs as xbmc, to change edit below.
env USER=xbmc

emits xbmc-started
description     "XBMC-barebones-upstart-script"
author          "Matt Filetto"

start on (filesystem and stopped udevtrigger)
stop on runlevel [016]

# tell upstart to respawn the process if abnormal exit
respawn
respawn limit 10 5
limit nice 21 21

script
exec su -c "xinit /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone -- /usr/bin/X -bs -nolisten tcp :0" $USER
end script
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you for the info. I believe Ubuntu uses pulseaudio by default, no? I suspect the problem lies with my xbmc.service. I would like to use PA, but need to figure out how to have the xbmc.service start after it is properly initialized. I opened a bugzilla with systemd and hopefully one of the experts can help.
No - we ship plain ALSA with xbmcbuntu.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For the time being, check again the arch wiki and use lightdm to start your xbmc session it can be found on the xbmc entry. From what I see arch deprecated that systemd script anyways since the xorg 1.16 update.
Yes, the script has been deprecated but I am packaging it via the AUR package named xbmc-standalone-service. If you read the bug report against xbmc (really due to xorg 1.16 as you pointed out), Arch devs do not want to have to add the /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config so they pulled the service and post install script creating the xbmc user/groups and pointed the package to the wiki.

I don't like ightdm:

1) I don't think it auto restarts if xbmc crashes
2) For security, the xbmc user should not have shell access; from /etc/passwd: xbmc:x:420:420:XBMC user:/var/lib/xbmc:/usr/bin/nologin
1. It does on xbmcbuntu
2. Not sure if it is needed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio options unavailable in xbmc when using xbmc.service and pulse audio1