Wake PC with wireless XBox 360 controller?
Hi, is it possible to wake a laptop from sleep with a wireless XBox 360 controller (connected to laptop via usb receiver), and how? I'm using the controller to operate XBMC.

Thanks
I don't think so. Does the receiver stay on when the laptop is asleep? When my desktop is put to sleep, the receiver turns off. Even if your receiver stays on, I don't think Windows is set to accept input from gamepad devices outside of gaming applications.
(2014-08-12, 07:05)two515ty Wrote: I don't think so. Does the receiver stay on when the laptop is asleep? When my desktop is put to sleep, the receiver turns off. Even if your receiver stays on, I don't think Windows is set to accept input from gamepad devices outside of gaming applications.

No, I don't believe it does. It's the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless receiver, btw.

Is there a way to use the mouse to turn the PC on from sleep then?
Is there any convenient way to turn on a laptop on from sleep without having to open the lid? I thought I could do it via Splashtop for Android, which turns on my desktop from sleep, but it doesn't work for my Asus laptop.
Your laptop most likely cuts power to the USB ports to avoid draining the battery, thusly preventing any connected USB device from being able to anything, including waking the laptop. As such, there's likely nothing you can do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake PC with wireless XBox 360 controller?0