Script to repair thumbs-url in movie.c08
Hi folks,

I wrote a couple of php scripts to visualize the content of my xbmc-(mysql)db (movies, movie-detail, actor with link to its movies). The only way (known to me) to show thumbs is to use the url provided in the mentioned table/col. Now since my xbmc-db is quite a few years of age, many of those thumb-url's are outdated. I could certainly crawl manually through the movies in xbmc and refresh their information's from internet (that 'fixes' old urls) but I would love to write a piece of code or script that would do that for me (checking the url for correctness/availability and if negative get a new url). Can someone of you give me a hint where to start?

Regards.
movie.c08 is not the image that XBMC uses to display the poster in the user interface. It's actually a cached list of potential images (posters and fanarts) from which you can choose one for poster and one for fanart in the video info dialog of a movie.

To update the image being used look into the "art" table.

You might be interested in the artwork downloader addon which can download many different types of artwork for items in your library.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to repair thumbs-url in movie.c080