OS X Configuration Issue
Here is the basic issue:

I need to run XBMC behind a VPN via OSX, which I already do. The problem is that I have a single program that does not work with the use of the VPN. So, in order to use it, I have to disconnect the VPN and reconnect afterwards.

This is not ideal. The only solution I could come up with was to run XBMC with Parallels and Windows 7. This worked as far as the VPN was concerned, but drastically reduced the performance of XBMC.

As of right now, my options are to keep disconnecting/reconnecting as needed or abandon the VPN that gives me access to things I very much enjoy.

Any ideas?
This may seem like a blatant plug - which it partly is, so what - BUT Myself and Spoyser are beta testing a VPN solution that integrates with XBMC in a very easy way.

ie. You can turn the VPN on or off at will by 1/2 button clicks and you can change country that easily too.

But to get to your issue... I develop on a Mac Mini and because the VPN addon is controlling my whole machine's connection, turning it off and on when I like also reflects on my other OS X apps.

So I'm thinking you could negate the need for Parallels (and it's massive overhead) and run both XBMC and your other program as and when?

HTH.

If you would like to beta test our addon and see if it works for you then please PM me and I'll set you up with a test account.

All the best

Rich
(2014-08-10, 20:17)DixieDean Wrote: This may seem like a blatant plug - which it partly is, so what - BUT Myself and Spoyser are beta testing a VPN solution that integrates with XBMC in a very easy way.

ie. You can turn the VPN on or off at will by 1/2 button clicks and you can change country that easily too.

But to get to your issue... I develop on a Mac Mini and because the VPN addon is controlling my whole machine's connection, turning it off and on when I like also reflects on my other OS X apps.

So I'm thinking you could negate the need for Parallels (and it's massive overhead) and run both XBMC and your other program as and when?

HTH.

If you would like to beta test our addon and see if it works for you then please PM me and I'll set you up with a test account.

All the best

Rich
Yes, that sounds very interesting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuration Issue0