Kodi Logo for the new Android TV (ADT-1)
Since XBMC has now been renamed to "Kodi", I decided to install the latest release Helix 14 on my ADT-1 with my own version of the Kodi icon on the Leanback Launcher. Although I am attached to the name XBMC, I embrace the new change and it makes perfect sense for the team to eventually change the name of the platform. I would like to know the history behind the name Kodi, though.

How well is Kodi/XBMC running on ADT-1? I assume VC-1 still won't play?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
just as an fyi

[android] Initial Android TV support PR5083
[android] Add 5.1 PCM playback support PR5082
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Network shares and playback seem to work fine and snappy. I have a whole bunch of movies on a NAS, so as of right now I am using Helix 14 merely as a video player.

You can install add-ons, but they all crash when trying to run them. It crashes on exit too.

Thanks for the info Martinjn. The ADT-1 is a great device all around and there should be full Kodi support for it in future releases.
The crash on exit is known, and not adt specific, it happens on any Android L machine (I can reproduce on nexus 5)

I haven't tried addons but I suspect this might also be a generic issue because of the slightly different ART runtime in android L compared to the ART implementation in 4.4.x

I am sure there will be a fix, but the devs don't have the hardware so I have offered to provide logcat of test builds for them with my device. It all goes a lot slower though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Logo for the new Android TV (ADT-1)0