Acer Revo RL70 3.2.3->Gotham Issues (Audio & Vid)
Hi Guys,

Ive tried moving from my tried and tested 3.2.3 Frodo to the latest Gotham build, on my Acer Revo RL70.

I have two distinct issues...

Video - video is stretched to far height ways. Ive resolved by forcing my TV to 16:9, rather than Auto. Not ideal though.

Audio - I'm getting 2.0 PCM instead of 5.1 DTS/Dolby through optical. The settings menu is set to optical out, however I did notice it doesnt have any real options unlike 3.2.3.

Is this driver related because of the generic build as opposed to 3.2.3 Fusion build?

Gutted, as otherwise Gotham seems very snappy and responsive Sad

Would a Windows 7 + XBMC version work do you think - I wan't Gotham! Sad
You most likely did not read the FAQ ... do that and see the audio settings changes: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...otham)_FAQ
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:For digital connections
This is the number of PCM channels that the audio connection supports and not the number of speakers connected. For example, using Dolby Digital over SPDIF will provide 5.1 audio to your system, even though SPDIF only supports 2.0 PCM channels. This setting does not apply to passthrough audio connections, if enabled

I'm sorry but what on Earth does this mean in English? Optical SPDIF does support 5.1. It's saying Gotham doesn't however? Why, after so many releases does it no longer support 5.1 optical!? Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo RL70 3.2.3->Gotham Issues (Audio & Vid)0