Revive Hulu as subscriber only?
Hard to say. But the lack of a 'street legal' Hulu app is what keeps me from using XBMC at the moment.

(2014-10-12, 18:14)locoguano Wrote: Is this still happening?
I would love to see this add-on. Right now I'm using the frustrating desktop app through Advanced Launcher.
How so? I'd love to still use my ATV1, and it does have Advanced Launcher, but I wasn't aware it could be used to access HULU Plus.

(2014-11-23, 15:39)Kamakaze22 Wrote: I would love to see this add-on. Right now I'm using the frustrating desktop app through Advanced Launcher.
Hulu has finally released a free Hulu Android app on USA playstore. Quality of streams is perfect...
I've just set up Advanced Launcher to launch the Hulu desktop app. It is less than ideal as it has been abandoned by Hulu and even features a notification at launch say it will no longer be updated.
I would also love to see this work.
I would love it if you could netflix and hulu on xbmc. I subscribe to both and its not that i dont mind using there external apps but if i could stay inside xbmc that would save us all from seeing ugly android or windows ever again!
(2014-12-31, 08:51)Prinler Wrote: I would love it if you could netflix and hulu on xbmc. I subscribe to both and its not that i dont mind using there external apps but if i could stay inside xbmc that would save us all from seeing ugly android or windows ever again!
Could always try Playon and PseudoLibrary or PseudoTV Live.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
YES!!!! I actually canceled my hulu plus subscription when your add-on died... just the thought of a working hulu app that isn't a chrome-launcher makes me nostalgic for the days when I could use Netflix, hulu, or amazon prime and never have to leave xbmc. I converted several of my friends into xbmc users but they gave it up when hulu stopped working (they don't really have personal libraries)
so a huge resounding "Yes" I would love to be able to tell my friends that hulu works again on xbmc..errr... I mean Kodi
October was his last visit here Sad so it'll take a while
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
i too am interested in this! a new addon that still adds things to the kodi library would be ace. needs proxy support too Smile
May I say +1? It's surprising no new hulu add-on has surfaced.
i think what's more surprising / telling, is that there have only been 56 replies (out of 12,311 views) to this post.

not feeling very confident that there will be an add-on.

@learningit has done great things with his Chrome+HULU addon, but it's just not the same.... Sad
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-08-10, 22:33)BlueCop Wrote: Is there any interest in a *Subscriber Only* version of the hulu plugin?

I had some code to play the iOS Apple HLS streams. They are AES encrypted but they provide the key and iv (they seem to be always the same). these require you be subscribed though. I have been grabbing the 720p 3200kbps streams without issue. I need to play with the tiers(web,mobile,living room) and see what is possible. There is some limitation of content based on your viewing tier.
Sometime between June 1st and June 3rd 2016, hulu finally shut down its rtmpe auth server (s.hulu.com/select). All "select" url requests are now 404.

This had been working for the entire duration with a custom kodi plugin using a swfVfy v2 librtmp + binary flash runtime module. As of last week, all of that is apparently over now for hulu.

BlueCop teased the plus-only HLS code for hulu a couple of years ago. Just now I'm investigating. All iOS auth requests are done through s.hulu.com/playlist (instead of "select"). Smil is decoded the same way as "select". All HLS content is served over httpls.hulu.com. So far, I've only been able to get clips and some non-plus content to work. If anybody has done any similar research work towards getting a kodi plugin working, a point in the right direction would be appreciated. Currently "invalid server key" errors for plus content playlist requests made using curl (with all required auth and cookies) are a real stumper!
DASH is the way to go here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revive Hulu as subscriber only?2