Lock micro SD for b+
Hi all,

I've just ordered a second pi and I've got the b+ model.

I currently have my pi Setup Over clocked with the SD card locked, is there a way I can also lock the micro SD for the pi B+ to keep the OS read only?

Cheers
No. I've never seen a micro sd card with a lock. Why would you want write disabled?
The lock doesn't work on a normal Pi anyways, if you trace the contacts they aren't connected to anything
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
The way I have my Pi set up is with the OS on a locked sd card, so I can overclock without the OS ever being corrupted. I have my /storage partition on a fast usb stick. Speeds things up dramatically.

However that's on a Raspberry Pi Model B and I've just purchased a B+ and I'm wondering how I can have the same setup??

Is there a way to use the TMP_WRITE_PROTECT bit to make the card read only?

I've only found ways to do it with hardware so far, and was hoping there was a software that could do the job, or a workaround for the overclocking related corruption of the SD?

Dilligaf, are you saying that currently, the way I have my Pi setup, the SD card is not actually protected from the Pi writing to it?

If this is the case I won't worry about it, cause I've had no corruptions on my current Model B setup??
(2014-08-11, 05:38)Bunkum Wrote: The way I have my Pi set up is with the OS on a locked sd card, so I can overclock without the OS ever being corrupted. I have my /storage partition on a fast usb stick. Speeds things up dramatically.

However that's on a Raspberry Pi Model B and I've just purchased a B+ and I'm wondering how I can have the same setup??

Is there a way to use the TMP_WRITE_PROTECT bit to make the card read only?

I've only found ways to do it with hardware so far, and was hoping there was a software that could do the job, or a workaround for the overclocking related corruption of the SD?

Dilligaf, are you saying that currently, the way I have my Pi setup, the SD card is not actually protected from the Pi writing to it?

If this is the case I woon't worry about it, cause I've had no corruptions on my current Model B setup??

The lock on the SD card is only an honorary system. It doesn't actually prevent write access unless the OS accounts for it. Notice that even with the SD card locked, you can ssh in and remount the SD card as writeable.
Yes, the lock does nothing on the PI
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thanks for your time guys, If the lock has not been doing anything to date, I have nothing to worry about!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lock micro SD for b+0