Win movie set - same movie is listed twice in collection
I noticed today that in my Despicable Me collection, there are 3 movies inside even though there are really only 2 movies.

Despicable Me 1 is listed twice. If you highlight over them to compare, they have slightly different notes (ie category, rating, writer format). Also, before I played them both, 1 was listed as DTS, the other was listed as Dolby Digital. They are both now listed as DTS. I don't understand why that is, but I thought I would mention it in case it gave someone an idea of what was going on. Other than that, there are no other differences.

My Despicable Me 1 folder has only the movie file (.mkv), .nfo file, fan-art .jpg, and folder.jpg. There is also only one Despicable Me folder, so I know I don't have 2 copies floating around.

I have updated my library several times, as well as run "Clean Library". Neither of these tools gets rid of the duplicate. As someone with OCD, this is very frustrating Laugh

Below is a screenshot, just as a visual. Thanks for any and all help.

Check the sources to see if you have the movie twice?
Do both/either files play?
Try deleting and re-scan library

Not sure if this is skin dependent, if you go to the info screen>refresh tab> the file path should be listed on the bottom, compare the paths and see if there is a duplicate?
If you press 'i' to bring up the info screen, you can see the complete filepath and filename listed. What does it say for the two copies?
Bringing up the info screen on both copies shows they have the same path.
Move the folder with the offending movie completely out of XBMC's paths, do a clean library (which should detect it's not there and remove both duplicate paths), check by going into library view that it has gone and then move it back and update your library.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-11, 15:09)black_eagle Wrote: Move the folder with the offending movie completely out of XBMC's paths, do a clean library (which should detect it's not there and remove both duplicate paths), check by going into library view that it has gone and then move it back and update your library.

That fixed it. Thank you sir.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie set - same movie is listed twice in collection0