Win new media portal user needs help
Wink 
hi . ive just set up media portal specifically to add live tv to xbmc . tv and epg is all working in its own program but the media portal pvr add on isnt connecting to it . i have made no changes to the add on so far but im guessing i will need too change some settings . can anyone help please ?? im using media portal 1.8 and gotham 13.2 beta on windows 7 . thanks
The MediaPortal PVR addon needs a plugin in the TV Server to communicate.
Make sure that you have also installed and enabled the TVServerXBMC plugin. You can download the plugin here.

See also for the installation and configuration instructions XBMC wiki on the MediaPortal PVR addon
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks loads margro for the quick response .
I`ve got that working now but how do i add a unc recording path (step 4 bullet point 3) ?
I`ve set my videos folder in my documents to be shared on the network (homegroup) but it says its not a unique name .
The path i am trying to use is C:\Users\Downloader\Videos\Recordings ,so how should that path look ?
anybody ?
Sorry for the delay. I'm really busy sometimes ;-)

UNC recording/live tv paths are only needed when XBMC is running on a different PC than your MediaPortal TV-Server.
When both are on the same PC you can ignore that point.

Now to answer your question in case you want to run XBMC on a different PC than the TV Server:
The easiest is to use the Explorer to share your "recording" and "livetv" folders.
Make sure that the other PCs that run XBMC can access these shares (correct user rights). The TVServerXBMC plugin will automatically detect the share names and send them to the XBMC clients.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new media portal user needs help0