AFP Stopped working - ATV2 + Airport Extreme + HDD
My Setup:
ATV2 on iOS 5.0.2 (4250)
XBMC 13.1 Git:20140604-84725b0 (Compiled Jun 4 2014)
installed using - apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Logs: http://pastebin.com/LZiFktaV

Hi,

I moved a few months ago, and this is the first real time I've had to try to troubleshoot this issue. Before I moved, everything worked fine. I have a hard drive connected, by USB, to my Airport Extreme. I have an ATV2, that connects via AFP to the Hard Drive to share media to XBMC on the ATV2.

Now, XBMC won't connect to the AFP share. I can't think of anything that has changed to my setup in order for this to happen. Previously, the ATV2 was connected to the network via WiFi. In the new setup, I have it with Ethernet. Other than that, everything's the same.

I can connect to the hard drive on my Mac just fine.

None of my previously setup Video directories work, under Videos > Files. When I select one, the "Working..." notice comes up, sits there for a while, and goes away with an alert: "Remote Share. Could not connet to network server". This part isn't shown in the logs, since I've been focusing on trying to "Add Videos..." for the last few hours.

When I select "Add Videos..." and go to the Zeroconf Browser [that's how all of my shares have been set up], my device, BaseStation shows up – both "BaseStation (AFP) and BaseStation (SAMBA)". If I select either of those, "Working..." shows for a while, and then it goes away with no alert. This is what can be seen in the logs.

I was running Eden, but I updated, today, to Gotham, and still no luck.

I have another ATV2, still on Eden, and I tried it, and the exact same thing happens.

I've googled this issue in as many ways I could think of, and I haven't found anything that works – not on these forums, nor anywhere else. I've tried manually entering in AFP & SMB connection string variations to see if I could stumble upon a fix, and no luck.

If anyone has any thoughts on ways to solve this, it would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I don't need it to connect by any specific protocol. I just need to be able to connect XBMC on my ATV2 to shares on an HDD connected by USB to my Airport Extreme.

Thanks!
Ryan
Are you sure that the IP of your NAS is still the same and that the atv2 is sitting in the same subnet?

Code:
557.02:09:33 T:145858560   ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: Could not connect, never got a response to getstatus, Operation timed out
558.02:09:33 T:145858560   ERROR: AFP: Error connecting to afp://192.168.1.102:548/
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz, that did it! Thanks so much for your help. Hours of troubleshooting for such a simple fix! The best part is that it works now.

Thanks!
Ryan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFP Stopped working - ATV2 + Airport Extreme + HDD0