Looking for a DISKIMAGE of Openelec with Frodo 12.3 for Rpi
I cannot find a diskimage of an Openelec Frodo 12.3 build for my Raspberry Pi. I have searched for a good couple hours or so and all I could find was the non-diskimage version. If anyone could help me get one I would be VERY grateful!!!

The 1080p stuttering issues are driving me crazy in Gotham and I want to downgrade back to Frodo which works great!

Thanks!
Bill
You can use any diskimage file to create the sd card partitions and then before first boot just copy over all the files (KERNEL should be renamed to kernel.img) in the fat partition with the version you want.
If you go back to frodo I would advise you to use RBEJ's version (18.01.2014) found here. You could also try RASPBMC.
Thanks so much for the info!

I will
1. Use the newest openelec image to create the sd card partitions.
2. From the 1-18-2014 image file, rename KERNEL to kernel.img
3. In Windows I copy the kernel.img to the SD card and replace the kernel.img that is on there. (Or am I using the kernel.img to 'image' that partition in windows using the image writer software?)
4. Put in the Rpi and Boot it up and I should have Frodo.

Sound right?

ps - Is getting a Frodo build of Raspbmc easier?

Thanks SOOOOOO much for the help!
Bill
I made the SD card with the current image. The I copied over the KERNEL (and renamed to kernel.img) and also copied the SYSTEM file over.

It boots up. I got to XBMC and the Openelec setup, but it hangs every time. I remade the card 3 times. As soon as I click Next to accept the network name the window stays blank and I can keep clicking OK, but it does nothing.

I am using the OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(18.01.2014) version.

Bill
You should also copy over the files found under folder 3rd party.
(2014-08-12, 08:39)Dimitriss Wrote: You should also copy over the files found under folder 3rd party.

Thanks for the info!

I installed Raspbmc and then installed the nightly for the Frodo Final Build. Super easy and worked great! Any reason why I should not use Raspbmc and try and get that Openelec working?

Thanks so much for all the help!

Bill
openelec is quicker in the menu, and is less bloated
(2014-08-12, 17:20)stuCONNERS Wrote: openelec is quicker in the menu, and is less bloated

I'd like to see evidence that proves these as fact rather than opinion?
there are several links to diverent kind of images

allparts.pro has one at the botom.
(2014-09-14, 17:55)kluphuis Wrote: there are several links to diverent kind of images

allparts.pro has one at the botom.

allparts.pro?......where is that?
(2014-08-11, 23:09)bill55 Wrote: I made the SD card with the current image. The I copied over the KERNEL (and renamed to kernel.img) and also copied the SYSTEM file over.

It boots up. I got to XBMC and the Openelec setup, but it hangs every time. I remade the card 3 times. As soon as I click Next to accept the network name the window stays blank and I can keep clicking OK, but it does nothing.

I am using the OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(18.01.2014) version.

Bill

this is because you *should* start the new version first, on first boot the second partition will be resized. This is not supported by the old version, so you end up with a very small storage partition, and you run out of space. Thats the steps you should do:

- write the diskimage to the sdcard
- boot
- downgrade to the old version with putting target/KERNEL, target/SYSTEM and both md5 files to the update samba share
- reboot
- perform a factory reset via the OpenELEC settings addon
- reboot
greetings, Stephan

i am looking to for a frodo disk image.this method is not working for me.by changing the kernel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a DISKIMAGE of Openelec with Frodo 12.3 for Rpi0