Android MySQL slows everything down
Hi, I know that some people have mentioned issues with using as external database but has anybody managed to use a mysql database with SMB shared folders successfully?

I have a minix x8h which is quick when being used normally i.e. accessing files from smb network shares. However, as soon as I add mysql details into the advancedsettings, everything slows down.

For example, loading home.xml (confluence skin) takes 14 seconds whereas it is pretty instant without AS or when I comment out the mysql details.

If I compare loading video>files in the two instances, with the AS, it takes over 5 secs compared to instantly without.
The same goes for any attempted menu action either going forwards or backwards through the menu structure.

I can't understand why this would be...any ideas? Surely running the databases wouldn't have such a damaging effect to the running of anything else on the (reasonably powerful) box?

cheers

jonny

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=266001 with database info
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=266002 without
MySQL *IS* slower than sqlite, that's a fact.

Now, I'm using daily and it's not an hindrance.
From lines like "took 507 ms for 10 items query: select * from episodeview ", this might indicate an issue with you mysql installation, it's far too slow.
I will rebuild the database again and see if it improves the queries. Still not sure why this would affect loading of a local skin file.

Cheers
Because of the widgets that fetch "Recent" and/or "Random" stuff.

But
Code:
11:30:58 T:1762787584  NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes4
11:30:58 T:1762787584  NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
11:31:03 T:1762787584  NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic32
11:31:08 T:1762787584  NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos75
i.e. 10 sec for this is definitely not normal
tried to remove/rebuild using the mysql command prompt but same issues.
However, installed xampp so that I could use myphpadmin and everything was fine after removing old dbs and letting xbmc rebuild the new dbs.
I then added extra dbs manually for istream and it still works!

Wonder whether adding the istream dbs using myphpadmin at the end was the difference? I think I added the istream dbs first when using the command prompt.

thanks for the advice

jonny

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL slows everything down0