Req Multi-user improvement
I'm using XBMC in a family environment with multiple people having different taste and watched status but only one tech savvy user.

Ideally I'd like :
- One master database to avoid duplicating metadata and cache for every user
- Ability to hide/show library source for each user
- Separate watched status for each user
- Login windows should be a checkbox instead of a radio button since there is often more than one person watching.
- When 2 or more users are logged, only items seen by all of the user should be hidden

Currently I can emulate the "hide/show library source for each user" with smart playlist, but I have not found an easy way to have separate watched status with a single database. I dont even want separate setting/skins/etc, I only want separate watched status. The other user don't care about anything else than seeing the media they like, playing it and keeping track of their tv show progress.

In a way, It's very similar to kiosk mode but with different library source and watched status for each "kiosk users"

I feel like I'm not alone in wanting this, anyone with a wife or kids or roommate should want something like this. What do you guys think ?
Profiles (wiki) does all this except for allow two or more users to be logged in at once.
Last time, I checked (xbmc 12 I think) when using "Shares with Default" for the media sources, it was also sharing the watched status.

I tryed it again with helix alpha 2 and I think there is a bug when I go in profiles (as shown here profiles (wiki)) instead of :
  • Separate
  • Shares with Default
  • Shares with Default (Read Only)
  • Separate (Locked)
The options I have are "Music/Video/Applications"

Having 2 user logged in at the same time is still valid
Watch status should be separate for profiles with "share with default".

Yes, there appears to be a bug with profiles on Helix. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-user improvement0