Musicbee
i like KODI/XBMC but when it come to music, it lets me down. Can we make the music section look like Musicbee?... or better than musicbee. It seems like the major developments are Pro movies and Tv shows.
musicbee is a music manager, they state that right on the site. XBMC/Kodi is for media consumption.

sure - just make sure you properly tag your music. follow this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198670
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
i bet KODI does both- music management and consumption. Its just that the Music section is not that developed.
Actually Musicbee says it is a music manager and player.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
XBMC is not a music manager i.e. you can't set/change tags etc. with XBMC. It can scan your existing music, get additional information and show it to you in a nice interface and lets you play your music. Nothing more, nothing less.

And yes there are very few people on the team that actively use the music section of xbmc and a lot more (including myself) that use the video section which is why there is much more development in the video section than in the music section.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok i got it, thanks for the info.
(2014-08-12, 08:28)nicky2 Wrote: Ok i got it, thanks for the info.

@nicky2 - seriously try to follow the tutorial that @hella wrote that I linked in the first reply. That will greatly improve the music interface as xbmc can properly scrape metadata if you are using 13.1+
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Your audio files MUST have a valid tags for them to work properly in the XBMC music library. And best is to make sure that your files have correct MusicBrainz metadata tags since ut have "MusicBrainzID" integration

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mus...z_metadata

There are third-party music manager applications available for download from the internet that allow you to add and manage ID tags in your music files on your computer first to prepare them in advcance for XBMC, which again is a must.

Picard is a free music manager that supports adding MusicBrainz metadata tags

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MusicBrainz_Picard

Proper tags allows your music metadata in XBMC to be updated automatically when that data is updated on the MusicBrainz database if the music has MusicBrainz ID tags.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Musicbee0