• 112(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2015-08-26, 13:38)Meiden Wrote: Anyway, the same Acestream bug appeared to me again just with 450 Mb downloaded.

I was just wondering: enen92, do you have your pi2 overclocked?

medium and still on the latest stable of openelec.
I'm not saying the acestreamengine works without a single issue, I am saying I don't have any freeze nor get kodi locked without responding. Some times I am disconnected from the network or I get a few buffering but generally it works well (same as in my laptop). The majority of the issues you might find with acestreams are not specific to the addon, it's just the way the engine works, how well the stream is seeded, the number of peers, network issues, etc. I didn't make the acestreamengine, I am just packaging it for several platforms and playing around to get it working on some platforms it was not supposed to run on the first place and creating a simple way for the end user to be able to watch them through kodi. Nothing else.
This is not something like pulsar that has been created by the addon dev itself and he can, at least, control. I can control the way the engine is packaged, called and how the addon contacts the engine. I can't do anything related to the way the engine works. They are closed source applications., and to be honest almost without any public support.
(2015-08-26, 13:49)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 13:38)Meiden Wrote: Anyway, the same Acestream bug appeared to me again just with 450 Mb downloaded.

I was just wondering: enen92, do you have your pi2 overclocked?

medium and still on the latest stable of openelec.
I'm not saying the acestreamengine works without a single issue, I am saying I don't have any freeze nor get kodi locked without responding. Some times I am disconnected from the network or I get a few buffering but generally it works well (same as in my laptop). The majority of the issues you might find with acestreams are not specific to the addon, it's just the way the engine works, how well the stream is seeded, the number of peers, network issues, etc. I didn't make the acestreamengine, I am just packaging it for several platforms and playing around to get it working on some platforms it was not supposed to run on the first place and creating a simple way for the end user to be able to watch them through kodi. Nothing else.
This is not something like pulsar that has been created by the addon dev itself and he can, at least, control. I can control the way the engine is packaged, called and how the addon contacts the engine. I can't do anything related to the way the engine works. They are closed source applications., and to be honest almost without any public support.

I know I know, and it's because of that why we are all so grateful to you.

Despite all obstacles that a closed source sets. Could be possible to add a configuration to restrict number of connections (seeds and leeches) and bandwidth, either upload or download?.

Notice that I'm not rushing you, just asking if could be possible to implement that feature in the future.
Enen92 when you start the addon for the very first time and select the Raspberry pi 2 install. Where do the acestream files download to on a raspberry pi 2? And what files are they?
Thanks for all your hard work on this addon.
2015-08-26 12:00:18,082|Timer-Thread-43|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 3
2015-08-26 12:00:23,503|Timer-Thread-46|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 2
2015-08-26 12:00:25,823|Timer-Thread-48|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 3
2015-08-26 12:00:34,060|Timer-Thread-51|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 2
2015-08-26 12:00:36,377|Timer-Thread-53|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 3

I can imagine that STATE 2 is buffering is finished, and STATE 3 is downloading. It seems to be a problem related to the engine, but I can't understand why you are unable to replicate it.

That lines from above, are repeated on my log for more than 40 times in a row.
(2015-08-26, 14:40)Meiden Wrote: 2015-08-26 12:00:18,082|Timer-Thread-43|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 3
2015-08-26 12:00:23,503|Timer-Thread-46|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 2
2015-08-26 12:00:25,823|Timer-Thread-48|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 3
2015-08-26 12:00:34,060|Timer-Thread-51|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 2
2015-08-26 12:00:36,377|Timer-Thread-53|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 3

I can imagine that STATE 2 is buffering is finished, and STATE 3 is downloading. It seems to be a problem related to the engine, but I can't understand why you are unable to replicate it.

That's the way it works and should work to be honest. It fills the buffer and download the encrypted files to the disk, then serves them as an http stream. Not rocket science honestly
(2015-08-26, 14:59)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 14:40)Meiden Wrote: 2015-08-26 12:00:18,082|Timer-Thread-43|acestream.BGInstanceConnection|send STATE 3

That's the way it works and should work to be honest. It fills the buffer and download the encrypted files to the disk, then serves them as an http stream. Not rocket science honestly

Well, after that there's no error in the log but the screen freezes over and over again. I'm curious about this bug. And it's certainly not related to the 1000 mb goal that we assumed was the cause in first place.

PS: I noticed that the green led of my raspberry pi remains on when the bug appears, which usually flicks just a few times per minute.
(2015-08-25, 15:55)enen92 Wrote: I can't reproduce any of those problems. The ammount of seeds on the pi is exactly the same ammount of seeds I get on my laptop running a general purpose linux distro. Other people I've talk to get the same results as me.
I wonder if this issue (if real and not due to you using old/invalid hashes) has nothing to do with your isp blocking some hosts, ports not forwarded or even the presence of cache files on your system. In this case, just delete manually the cache files:

Quote:
rm $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/program.plexus/acestream/androidfs/system/sdcard/.ACEStream/.acestream_cache/*

As to the isp, I have mentioned:

(2015-08-22, 20:28)stiglitzhugo Wrote: I tried the same stream at the same time in a windows acestream player, in the same local network, without any errors and with fast connection.

I'm sure that the port forwarding is ok.
I'll try to delete the acestream cache, as you said, later this day and I'll update.
Thanks.
I'd thought I'd chip in.
I'm using Openelec (millhouse last Isengard test build )
Ive got force turbo enabled and Gpu set at 320.

I'm having no unusual freezing, or lockups. This is with various Acestreams, the only issue I'm having isnt add-on related which is working out how to allow port forwarding of the same port through my VPN

Off Topic.. I've had random lockups lately with certain repos that are getting stuck updating.
(2015-08-26, 15:38)invisable Wrote: I'd thought I'd chip in.
I'm using Openelec (millhouse last Isengard test build )
Ive got force turbo enabled and Gpu set at 320.

I'm having no unusual freezing, or lockups. This is with various Acestreams, the only issue I'm having isnt add-on related which is working out how to allow port forwarding of the same port through my VPN

Off Topic.. I've had random lockups lately with certain repos that are getting stuck updating.

Thanks for reporting. I don't have anything on my pi rather than youtube and addons made by me so It's pretty much the same as a clean install.
I will allow a way of changing the port similar to what p2p-streams had on android. Something like 3 options (8621,8622,8623). Can't do more (or allow more freedom to the user) as that info is encripted and the file has to be generated on an android device.
I do not have any problems neither, some days ago I played an acestream for about one and a half hour without disconnect. I'm pretty sure those problems Meiden is having isn't related to the engine but rather something else.

(2015-08-26, 15:38)invisable Wrote: I'm having no unusual freezing, or lockups. This is with various Acestreams, the only issue I'm having isnt add-on related which is working out how to allow port forwarding of the same port through my VPN

Are you using openelec? having trouble with VPN, any tips?

Anyhow, does Plexus and acestream use the normal 8621 port as default? Does one have to forward something for kodi aswell?
it's not just him.

and we definitely are watching different streams, as i am sure we don't speak the same language (native).
I'm making some tries with my advancedsettings and I'll report you later. At this point, I'm quite convinced of that It isn't related to the engine.
Well, I reduced my overclock settings, changed the cache mode to 0 (write cache to disk), and I also cleared the acestream cache from directory and... the bug appears again. I've reached around 30 minutes of playback and 1300 Mb downloaded.

en92, I'll give you the logs via PM, but I can understand that this is starting to annoying you. I won't insist in this bug again, but it certainly exists.
Loving Plexus. My RPi2 running smooth as butter!
Okay, google code is read-only since yesterday (25th August). That being said, it is impossible for someone to install the old p2p-streams addon, the project is scheduled for complete deletion and this will happen in ~ 25 days. Not that any files can be recovered for now from googlecode, its just the standard procedure.

As nothing productive will arise from this thread I will ask for it to be blocked. I will create a new thread dedicated only to plexus soon most likely in the third party repositories section of the forum (as it uses closed source third party applications).

Thanks to everyone who has used and helped making the old addon better and developing the new one.

PS: Plexus beta can be found in page 99
PS2: I will edit the first page of this thread with usefull information about plexus or its location on the forum
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14