• 4(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-08-23, 03:32)enen92 Wrote: v1.0.3 (23/8/2014)
-Updated acestreamengine in windows (2.2.10)
-Updated acestreamengine apk in android (2.2.10)

Important notes:

According to forum.torrentstream.org a few crucial bugs were found on the previous version of the acestreamengine and they updated the engine...again. However (and again), it seems that all acestreams now require this new version to be played. So the current status:

-Windows -> Please repeat the configuration to get the new engine otherwise you won't be able to play acestreams using the addon
-Android -> Please repeat the configuration to get the new apk. Uninstall the previous version of the acestreamengine.apk and install the current one (2.2.10) - otherwise you won't be able to play any acestream using the addon.
- Linux -> There aren't new version at this time compatible with the new protocol. According to their forum they should be out in the next couple days. I'll update them once they are available, so at the moment acestreams are "broken".
- Linux armv and Mac OsX -> Acestreams are still broken as there aren't any official releases of the acestreamengine for these platforms.

I know this is not the best way to provide updates and the addon configuration should be more modular to allow the update of the engines/modules if something changes. However, I was not expecting this big ammount of changes in such a little time frame.

In the next update everyone will be forced to re-do the configuration for a better control of the updates to be achieved. The version info will be stored in the userdata and will be used to compare with the versions stored in the googlecode repository. Something that should have been done from the beginning.
So I can stop looking for!
Could you please notify us when it will be available on linux?
Thank you!
Acestream is working for me with 2.1.6 for now, though the picture is not smooth.
Add-on worked perfectly when it just came out at the beginning of the year. Using it since 0.3.2 or something like that on my Raspberry.
But after the 0.7 release it went downhill. Streams kicking me out every couple of minutes, buffering for ages, or some not even starting any more while the stream runs in Windows without probs.
And now with the release where you left the parsers out, can't start any of the streams (I already added the parsers manually, and got all the lists I had before they were removed). The add-on went dead completely.
To bad, cause it was one of my favourite to use due to the excellent stream quality it could deliver, but nowadays it's more annoyance to get a stream startet Rolleyes
Yes it's a pitty that it had to be "legal" so the parsers were left out and it could be here on .org. In my opinion this was the wrong choice of the developer, now it's a dying add-on
If you don't like the way it works it's pretty easy, fork it and create a better one yourself, I don't care. Or even simpler, don't use it.
Thousands of users, plus dozens of sellers and look at the contributions: https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...ntributors. That's not how things work in opensource.
Like I said, In my opinion this was the wrong choice, but it's a choice a developer makes. Great work always and always appreciated it.
enen92,

once again amazing, fast work.
uninstalled the repo, deleted the p2pstream folders in the documents/asson and resource folders, cleared the cache and reinstalled everything from scratch through fusion reportory

ace streams working again :-)

i dont understand what the problem with these users is. it was maybe 3 minutes of work... amazing.

cheers enen92. keep up the brilliant work

just one question enen92

which advancedsettings do u use?

i tried tuxens, zero cache, tweaked one myself using the wiki tutorial...
1 of them (i think the zero cache) was buffering all the time and the other 2 most of the streams stop and jump back to xbmc menu

i have had better results with no advancesettings at all...
That really depends on your system, for me in linux I just keep the membuffersize to 0 and added a high value to curl for xbmc to keep the session alive if the engine is buffering. Unfortunately as the name says, they are advanced settings which depend on the system and user preference (out of the addon).
There is also a difference between xbmc buffering and the engine buffering. If xbmc is buffering but the engine is downloading then you should limit the cache in xbmc. If the stream is buffering because the engine is downloading at low speed then you might need to tweak the engine settings, peers may not be uploading at a decent rate, your router may be blocking connections or even your isp throttling your p2p traffic.
What is considered a 'low speed' out of curiosity? My connection is 10Mbit, but I never seem to be downloading any faster than 250Kbps.
How do I update my version?
Hello enen,so i have a problem ,1-2 months ago ,after an update all my lists ,romanian,spanish,portuguese, except the general list got deleted.I searched on the internet how can i resolve this but nothing helpful.Do you have any ideea how can i fix this? thanks you.
If you want to get all the parsers at once:

1) go to the addon settings
2) Section lists/parsers
3) Execute remote python script
4) Introduce this url: http://bit.ly/allparsers
5) click ok and wait

If you only want to install certain parsers:Follow the instructions above but use the bit.ly link that is specific for the parser you wish to install..
(2014-08-24, 06:00)Jayphen Wrote: What is considered a 'low speed' out of curiosity? My connection is 10Mbit, but I never seem to be downloading any faster than 250Kbps.

Any speed that can't sustain the stream without constant buffering on the engine side. I have 30 Mb/s at home and can't use acestreams most of the time. At home with a vpn I don't have any problems.
Here where I am now I just have 10MBit but I can get really good speeds (400kbs/500kbs). Conclusion, it depends on your isp throttling/traffic shapping policy and not so much on your internet speed.

James_liv do you mind to read the first post? No piracy here (the forum has a piracy policy and rules to follow). If you want this thread to be garbage binned it's up to you. However if that happens, I won't provide any support at all for it, nor here nor anywhere.
Hello Enen,

thanks for your great addon, I have been using it for a time and it is really great!
But I have had a problem with the last update. I am using it on Android, with SPMC (an XBMC fork that is available at google play). It was running ok in SPMC til the last update (any hint?)
It runs ok in XBMC, by the way.

Thanks!
(2014-08-24, 17:24)saurito Wrote: Hello Enen,

thanks for your great addon, I have been using it for a time and it is really great!
But I have had a problem with the last update. I am using it on Android, with SPMC (an XBMC fork that is available at google play). It was running ok in SPMC til the last update (any hint?)
It runs ok in XBMC, by the way.

Thanks!

What exactly is the problem? If it is acestreams "failing to load files" you need to update the acestreamengine apk. You can get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1877...-armv7.apk
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14