• 5(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-08-24, 17:43)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 17:24)saurito Wrote: Hello Enen,

thanks for your great addon, I have been using it for a time and it is really great!
But I have had a problem with the last update. I am using it on Android, with SPMC (an XBMC fork that is available at google play). It was running ok in SPMC til the last update (any hint?)
It runs ok in XBMC, by the way.

Thanks!

What exactly is the problem? If it is acestreams "failing to load files" you need to update the acestreamengine apk. You can get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1877...-armv7.apk
No, I have read about the update, and it works ok on XBMC.
But in SPMC all the fields in the configuration are empty, so you can't choose anything (like force android, download modules, ... ).

Thanks for your time!
Then it's likely to be a bug in spmc Smile . Is this the only addon in which this happen?
(2014-08-24, 18:04)enen92 Wrote: Then it's likely to be a bug in spmc Smile . Is this the only addon in which this happen?

Yes,it is the only one as far as I know.
It could be as you says, but it is strange, because the previous version of your addon worked like a charm in SPMC.
Not a big problem for me, I can use XBMC for your addon (and I do). Only reporting.

Thank you
Hi Thanks for the addon Smile Having some problems under x64 openelec, I can't seem to buffer long enough to get a reliable stream. I'm using Acestream on my windows pc and seems to work great so its not the connection or stream. Is there anything I can change in advancedsettings.xml or for the ace engine? In windows I can change the listen port and number of connections etc, how is this done under openelec?
(2014-08-24, 18:16)Morphy99 Wrote: Hi Thanks for the addon Smile Having some problems under x64 openelec, I can't seem to buffer long enough to get a reliable stream. I'm using Acestream on my windows pc and seems to work great so its not the connection or stream. Is there anything I can change in advancedsettings.xml or for the ace engine? In windows I can change the listen port and number of connections etc, how is this done under openelec?

You need to edit them using ssh I'm affraid at the moment: nano $HOME/.ACEStream/playerconf.pickle
I am just wondering where you found a working stream in linux since they updated the engine for windows/android and left linux without updates Smile So maybe there is at the moment 5% of the streams working.
Also, it's probably a good idea to import the freecachepercent=5 advancedsettings.xml. If I remember correctly those settings were suggested by someone running the addon in openelec x86_64.

Cheers
(2014-08-23, 20:30)enen92 Wrote: That really depends on your system, for me in linux I just keep the membuffersize to 0 and added a high value to curl for xbmc to keep the session alive if the engine is buffering. Unfortunately as the name says, they are advanced settings which depend on the system and user preference (out of the addon).
There is also a difference between xbmc buffering and the engine buffering. If xbmc is buffering but the engine is downloading then you should limit the cache in xbmc. If the stream is buffering because the engine is downloading at low speed then you might need to tweak the engine settings, peers may not be uploading at a decent rate, your router may be blocking connections or even your isp throttling your p2p traffic.

thanx for the quick reply enen92

could you tell me where i can tweak membuffersize and curl? never did that before...

as for the advancedsettings i used the wiki tutorial.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>2</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize></cachemembuffersize> (at first i used 838860800, then i went down to 419430400. second better but still unstable)
<readbufferfactor>2</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

i have 4gb ram and a 100mbit connection. so i think the settings should work, but they dont.
as far as p2p goes i can download torrents at 7mb/s, that was the max i got until today....

how can i check what is buffering?

thx again
(2014-08-24, 12:33)alioxx Wrote: Hello enen,so i have a problem ,1-2 months ago ,after an update all my lists ,romanian,spanish,portuguese, except the general list got deleted.I searched on the internet how can i resolve this but nothing helpful.Do you have any ideea how can i fix this? thanks you.

I forgot to tell you,the problem isnt from acestream ,its from sopcast.
(2014-08-24, 16:26)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 06:00)Jayphen Wrote: What is considered a 'low speed' out of curiosity? My connection is 10Mbit, but I never seem to be downloading any faster than 250Kbps.

Any speed that can't sustain the stream without constant buffering on the engine side. I have 30 Mb/s at home and can't use acestreams most of the time. At home with a vpn I don't have any problems.
Here where I am now I just have 10MBit but I can get really good speeds (400kbs/500kbs). Conclusion, it depends on your isp throttling/traffic shapping policy and not so much on your internet speed.

James_liv do you mind to read the first post? No piracy here (the forum has a piracy policy and rules to follow). If you want this thread to be garbage binned it's up to you. However if that happens, I won't provide any support at all for it, nor here nor anywhere.

Hi,
First , you make a great job with your addon and i thank you for that.
I have some problems with acestream and sopcast when i play a link, acestream buffering and sopcast deconnect some times.
I have a android box (minix X8-h), and I would like to know what is the best setting can i put in advancedsetting.xml ?
and a last question, wich vpn country you use for avoid throtling from isp?
Excus my bad english i m from Belgium.
Thank's again.
So if I understand this all correctly, I can simply add an address like

acestream://0ac565d7cb7e49603a6b03b2ffc1a15aef55333c

and it should just find the stream and play it?
(2014-08-24, 18:25)enen92 Wrote: .
(2014-08-24, 18:16)Morphy99 Wrote: Hi Thanks for the addon Smile Having some problems under x64 openelec, I can't seem to buffer long enough to get a reliable stream. I'm using Acestream on my windows pc and seems to work great so its not the connection or stream. Is there anything I can change in advancedsettings.xml or for the ace engine? In windows I can change the listen port and number of connections etc, how is this done under openelec?

You need to edit them using ssh I'm affraid at the moment: nano $HOME/.ACEStream/playerconf.pickle
I am just wondering where you found a working stream in linux since they updated the engine for windows/android and left linux without updates Smile So maybe there is at the moment 5% of the streams working.
Also, it's probably a good idea to import the freecachepercent=5 advancedsettings.xml. If I remember correctly those settings were suggested by someone running the addon in openelec x86_64.

Cheers

Thanks! I think I was still using the old ace engine as it was loading up the stream fine until I went into video addons and opened the addon manually without following a link from sportsdevil as I normally do. It had a progress bar then I got script failed. Now acestream isnt working at all so guessing that updated the ace engine. Will give those settings a go when it gets fixed. Where can I find the option to import advancedsettings.xml from the addon?
You are using the latest one available which is alpha a18 but it is deprecated now. They updated windows plus android and left us, Linux users without updates.
All we can do now is waitfor an update to come. They released the win droid update on Friday so I believe theyll come with a solution for Linux during this week (hope so...).
would be mighty helpful if you could include a guide on how to install Acestream on Ubuntu 14.04 in your wiki.
--Thanks in advance--
The acestreamengine in linux is downloaded like windows at the moment, so you don't need to mess with the command line. Also I'm shipping 3.0.0 a18 engine and the ones available in the repositories of acestream.org are still 2.1.6. I don't use ubuntu, however if for some reason you don't want to use the default engine, just google for instructions and (if you find them usefull) add them to the wiki.
The wiki as the addon code are collaborative so..anyone can improve it.
(2014-08-27, 00:03)enen92 Wrote: The acestreamengine in linux is downloaded like windows at the moment, so you don't need to mess with the command line. Also I'm shipping 3.0.0 a18 engine and the ones available in the repositories of acestream.org are still 2.1.6. I don't use ubuntu, however if for some reason you don't want to use the default engine, just google for instructions and (if you find them usefull) add them to the wiki.
The wiki as the addon code are collaborative so..anyone can improve it.

If i understand what i read:
At the moment, famous streaming sites are only compatible with 2.2.10.
I'm using debian for remote engine, and since 1 weeks, it does not work. I tried the 3.0.0.a18, but it fails too.
The 2.2.10 is only available on windows and android. Soon on linux.
Yap. However, they are working now. It really depends on the streamers choice. If they broadcast with support for older versions you can still play them using a18 or 2.1.6.
The addon bundles the most recent versions for all platforms, which is 3.0.0 a18 for linux.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14