Win Random short pauses in video
At the moment I am using XBMC 13.1 on Windows 7 and I had the same issue with version 12.2.
Every now and then I get short pauses of the video, while the sound continues, the pauses are between 0,5 and 1 second, after that the video seems to catch up.
Not every movie or tv show episode has this, it seems to be very random and when it occurs it happens 1 or max 2 times per movie/episode and when I "rewind" it does not happen at the same spot again.

Is there a special setting I should look into?

My setup is an ASRock mini PC, i5-3210M cpu, 4GB memory, GBit network connection, connected to a 3Com GBit switch streaming from a Synology NAS with GBit connection as well (used NFS and SMB).
The network is fast and the utilization is very low, memory consumption is 33%, CPU utilization is extremely low.
Sound goes to the amplifier with SPDIF, video goes to the TV with HDMI.

Audio:
Output is WASAPI SPDIF, passthrough is checked, output device is WASAPI SPDIF, AC3 and DTS checked.

Video:
1920x1080p, not use a fullscreen window, vertical blank sync always enabled.
Adjust display refresh rate to match video, checked.
Pause during refresh rate change: off.
Sync playback to display, checked.
A/V sync method, tried all 3 settings, now using Video clock.

Can anybody help me here or maybe tell me what other settings I should be posting here?
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Go through some of this information first http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194926 Use the keyboard 'O' OSD command to watch for bottle necks while playing a video. A proper debug log should also indicate problems. I suspect if you view the video from a local drive you will not experience any issues, but it could be drivers or some software set-up.
(2014-08-12, 05:30)PatK Wrote: Go through some of this information first http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194926 Use the keyboard 'O' OSD command to watch for bottle necks while playing a video. A proper debug log should also indicate problems. I suspect if you view the video from a local drive you will not experience any issues, but it could be drivers or some software set-up.

I will go through that info, thanks.

I can press O and wait till something happens, but sometimes the pause happens after a hour ... with the "O info" on screen it's not doable to watch a movie.

I will look at the debug log option.

I just copied some stuff to the local harddisk and started watching and the same issue happens from the local harddisk too.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
I just saw many interruptions in the video and not in the audio when playing something.
My debug log can be found at http://1drv.ms/1AKDU65.
Is there anybody that can analyze this?
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Nobody wants to download your log file. Please use xbmclogs.com or pastebin for logs and provide a link.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I do not understand what's wrong with Onedrive, but okay.
I have uploaded it at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=275737.
Hope that's better.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
In the future, please one of the standard pastebins, such as pastebin.com; no one wants to download malicious software hidden in an archive.

CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity1 - was:166.294961, should be:24365.357192, error:24199.062232

These sort of errors indicates an audio set-up issue. You might consider setting up for 2 channel stereo HDMI or setting back to default. (I've seen SPDIF connection driver issues before, but don't use it myself) The debug log can be turned on in advancedsettings in silent mode, so the log will always show the issue. Update to 13.2 should be painless.
Thanks.
I have set audio to HDMI 2 channel and now have the audio coming from my TV.
Same interruptions in video.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Please refer back to post 2 and this link and get a proper debug log available. From what I've seen discontinuity is a catch all for a multitude of errors and issues, it's not going to go way by itself. Update your software and drivers, and consider <algorithmdirtyregions> and <buffermode> in advancedsettings.
I did a reinstall of Windows, now 8.1, and still short pauses.
Then I installed XBMCBuntu and that runs excellent :-)

Thanks for the reponses.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random short pauses in video0