movie stop start
I played couple of stream through various 'ad-dons'. anyway the movie kept on pausing for a few seconds and starting again. also tried with hard wired and still same problem?
Has anyone else had this happen to them.

Rasberry pi+ Ruining openelec from Noobs and overclocked to 1000mhz. also using my phone charger to power it.
can you name a (legal) example addon with that issue so that others can test if it's reproducable in their setup?
(2014-08-12, 11:39)da-anda Wrote: can you name a (legal) example addon with that issue?

I dont think its legal to mention on here. begins with (n.....)
I suspect it's the same issue as in your other thread - CPU limitation. Not knowing what exactly that addon does in the background, it's possible that the CPU is simply not up to it (like download zipped file, extract and feed to Kodi, or torrenting). So if you don't have any hickups with simmilar streams from legal addons that can be directly streamed without the addon having to do anything, there's nothing we can do, besides advising not to use those addons.
(2014-08-12, 12:15)da-anda Wrote: I suspect it's the same issue as in your other thread - CPU limitation. Not knowing what exactly that addon does in the background, it's possible that the CPU is simply not up to it (like download zipped file, extract and feed to Kodi, or torrenting). So if you don't have any hickups with simmilar streams from legal addons that can be directly streamed without the addon having to do anything, there's nothing we can do, besides advising not to use those addons.

which movie add-ons would you call legal? most are not...
are you saying the pi is not up to the job of streaming content from various sources, my old andriod stick did a better job.
BBC iPlayer is legal (in the UK), CatchupTV also. I can stream both of those at the same time to different clients (one of which is a Pi) with no issues.

Occasionally CTV stutters slightly, but this is only occasionally.

There will always be the possibility of hiccups when streaming over the internet. If you're gonna source material via questionable sources then you have no possibility of complaining to the source when it fails to work correctly.

If it works, great. If it doesn't, then there is absolutely no point in complaining about it.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-12, 12:32)black_eagle Wrote: BBC iPlayer is legal (in the UK), CatchupTV also. I can stream both of those at the same time to different clients (one of which is a Pi) with no issues.

Occasionally CTV stutters slightly, but this is only occasionally.

There will always be the possibility of hiccups when streaming over the internet. If you're gonna source material via questionable sources then you have no possibility of complaining to the source when it fails to work correctly.

If it works, great. If it doesn't, then there is absolutely no point in complaining about it.

nobody buys xbmc to just steam tv, sorry I am not complaining, just trying to improve things.
You're right nobody buys XBMC as it's free, you buy possibly inadequate hardware for your needs.
(2014-08-12, 12:46)prawnee Wrote: You're right nobody buys XBMC as it's free, you buy possibly inadequate hardware for your needs.

so your saying pi is not up the job.I did ask the quesion before buying it.Most people said it would play fine.
No that's not what i said. The pi is perfectly adequate for my needs as a small client on my own network. I suggest you ask the people responsible for maintaining those add on's
(2014-08-12, 12:50)yaqh Wrote: so your saying pi is not up the job.I did ask the quesion before buying it.Most people said it would play fine.

The Pi can play raw 1080p Blu-Ray quality video.
The bitrates of these illegal sources is a fraction of that, so it's unlikely to be a video decode performance issue.

Can you ssh in and look at the cpu usage (using top) when playing a video? That will show if it is a CPU issue.

Most likely it's a network issue. One of the reasons xbmc doesn't support piracy add-ons is because they are flaky.
They tend to abuse file hosting sites (designed for download not streaming) and performance is often poor at busy time of the day.

You may get better results by playing with settings here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache

Try increasing readbufferfactor and cachemembuffersize, and set buffermode to 1.
Use ethernet rather than wifi to rule that out.
(2014-08-12, 13:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-12, 12:50)yaqh Wrote: so your saying pi is not up the job.I did ask the quesion before buying it.Most people said it would play fine.

The Pi can play raw 1080p Blu-Ray quality video.
The bitrates of these illegal sources is a fraction of that, so it's unlikely to be a video decode performance issue.

Can you ssh in and look at the cpu usage (using top) when playing a video? That will show if it is a CPU issue.

Most likely it's a network issue. One of the reasons xbmc doesn't support piracy add-ons is because they are flaky.
They tend to abuse file hosting sites (designed for download not streaming) and performance is often poor at busy time of the day.

You may get better results by playing with settings here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache

Try increasing readbufferfactor and cachemembuffersize, and set buffermode to 1.
Use ethernet rather than wifi to rule that out.

thanks I will have a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie stop start0