OS X normalize the volume - HDMI - Gotham 13.1
Hi,

I look for in Gotham me an option to normalize the volume.
I can not find it. I'm afraid it does not exist?

The problem is:
Most movies and series play with the volume.
Either the volume is too high and it is untenable. (And there is a problem with the neighbors.)
Either the volume is too low and the dialogue is inaudible.
In short, it's really hard!

Apple offers an option in Itunes:
"Equalizer volume" (automatically adjusts the volume of songs at the same level)

Is there such an option in XBMC?
If it does not exist it would be nice to have an option in XBMC for this normalization?

When do you think?
Is this possible?

Wink
Popup the video osd and increase the volume amplification. (which does a poor mans compression and will go into the direction you want).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you for your reply.
My options are not available. They are grayed out.
superyo - i understand what u mean. im goin thru this too. i would like to find a solution. the weirdiest thing, my volume amplication is grayed out too. i did have that feature, but somehow i lose it, like my live tv feature. my live tv was workin w/ default skin confluence & now it's just vanished the next day. i think its due to an upgrade to Kodi 14.0 alpha2. did u upgraded to Kodi recently? hopefully, someone could shed some light to this.
I do not know yet Kodi 14.0 alpha2. Maybe all is not yet available on the Alpha version ...?

I in passthrough I think it does not.
By removing the passthrough I have the option "audio". The decoding is done by XBMC.
I think this is what is called LPCM?

So I have two options for regulation of volume.
I did some tests right now. That seems a little better. But not yet fully convinced ...

I discovered!
for me, even when i disabled passthrough i don't have that option. no volume amplification at all.

EDIT: i found out it was skin related. I tried diff. skin (aeon nox 5) then disabled passthrough & i was able to adjust volume amplification. so it does depend on the skin u are using.

but how do you get the dialog volume hearable without the action scenes blowing off the speakers? where u dont have to constantly adjusting the volume, especially late at night. someone please help.
Kodi probably does not yet have that option.
If you're using an AVR look for a DRC sound mode.
Increase the volume amplification and decrease volume - this will do poor mans drc ... (in case the AVR can't do it...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Alexp4re effectively.
It's a little better with the adjustment. But not this.

My AVR offers a night mode. This only works for the Dolby. Not for DTS. In addition the results are not there. It's marketing.

In short, I think in the future it would be interesting to have an option to a real volume normalization.
If possible of course...
I come back after long tests (Gotham 13.2)

I use popup video as recommended. Normalize works well. Although I find the result a bit light.
I have another concern. Despite the 5.1 configuration I have only stereo.
passtrough disabled = stereo.
This does not seem normal to me. I do not?
Ultimately, stereo upmix is ​​automatically ON. Whatever the option selected in the preferences.

Here are my settings:
- audio ouptut device : hdmi
- number of channels : 5.1
- Output configuration : optimized
- Stereo upmix : off
- Normalize level on dowmix : on
- Resample quality : high
- Enable passthrough : off

Wink
No one to tell me if this is normal?
It's still odd to have only stereo when the "passtrough" is disabled
I don't get what you expect with your settings. Imo it would paly stereo as stereo, 5.1 as 5.1 and so on. So what exactly doesn't behave like you want it to with your settings?
As I said earlier I always sort of turning off the stereo passtrough. I am however in 5.1.
My settings are also shown.
If there is a problem with them I do not see how or where Sad

Memphiz perhaps have you any idea?
Thank you Wink
I still don't understand your question. Sorry dude i am non-native english speaker so please formulate your problem in baby language for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
normalize the volume - HDMI - Gotham 13.10