Confusion with Kodi
I decided to install Alpha 2 last night on my PC just to play with. Other than the Kodi splash screen, I haven't found ANY different functionality. In fact, when I went to choose a skin, I expected to see only Aeon Nox 5 and Transparency but I had a full list and was able install Bello which works perfectly. Did something go wrong since I can still install pre-Helix skins and I haven't noticed and difference anywhere other than the splash screen?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
if the skins haven't been updated, there maybe some things that you may not even notice have changed. or, nothing has changed and its good to go.
Have many changes, for now only confluence it´s ok for use with Kodi. In special if use recently nightlies version.

You see what change here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194515
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Likely only the different splash screen is all you will see Smile

Atm only Aeon Nox and Transparency have been near Helix ready. The rest will have issues
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
When I installed Helix on Win7 I noticed it appears to be built against VC++ 2013 and I had to install the runtime libs. Also I notice the installer has a bunch of audio codecs to install. IIUC there is an FFMPEG library bump, but haven't investigated that yet.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2014-08-15, 01:28)scott967 Wrote: Also I notice the installer has a bunch of audio codecs to install. IIUC there is an FFMPEG library bump, but haven't investigated that yet.
Yes there was a FFMPEG bump from 1.3 to 2.3 I think.

As for what you saw with the installer, that could be due to the work being done on binary addons which will allow us to move stuff out of the Core code and into addon's, as I remember seeing a PR about audio encoders being moved into addon's (these are used when ripping cd's within xbmc/kodi for example).
hasn't got to do with ffmpeg bump

the reason is that the used encoders have been split up from core code and are now "add-ons", similar to PVR add-ons. in the end a lot more will be add-ons.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Snap Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confusion with Kodi0