NOOB First HTPC Help 4K
Hello Everyone,
I am Looking to build a HTPC to replace my Verizon STB, I have done some research on HTPC but im still confused on the Hardware (ie. TV Tuners, Low Power CPU's and GPU's ) and Software (ie. OS Win7 or Linux, XMBC or WMC) ill need. I want it to be able to play 4K content at 2160p30/60. I want it to be a DVR as well since it'll be replacing my STB.
I Have a AMD A6-5400k black edition and a Radeon 7870GHz edition Graphics card i dont know if these are suitable for my needs.
Thanks In advance Big Grin
Do you want to output 2160p60 in something other than YCbCr 4:2:0? If so you either need a video card with Displayport and a TV with it as well (very few do), or you need to wait for HDMI 2.0 video cards to show up.
I'll Just wait for HDMI Nod
Don't w8 m8 because it will take long. Build a pc now with a Nvidia that can decent output at 4k 30p or 4k 60p at 4:2:0 and you will be fine.
It will take long for the movie industry to start filming at 60p or 3d 30p... imagine that even if hdmi 2.0 has stadarised there isnt a single device in the market that will be able to play 4k 60p full chroma.
There's no substitute for experience
True, True do you have a build that you can recommend me?
(2014-08-13, 21:05)bluechris Wrote: imagine that even if hdmi 2.0 has stadarised there isnt a single device in the market that will be able to play 4k 60p full chroma.
Huh? HDMI 2.0 is standardized and has been for months. However, there currently are no HDMI 2.0 sources, but there are TVs with full HDMI 2.0 reception capabilities. If someone wants real UHD/4k capabilities, building a system now instead of waiting a few months is not a great idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOOB First HTPC Help 4K0