Extra files? Which ones do I need?
Not sure what happened, but I am pretty sure artwork downloader caused it. All my movies now have 2 fanarts, posters, logos, .nfo files etc. in thier folders. One is always named simply fanart or poster etc while the others are "movie name-fanart" or "movie name-poster" and the .nfo files are named either the movie's name, or simply "movie". Now I see two different things when I look in Ember media manager and within XBMC itself. So how do I decide which files I need?
The date that the files have been created should be a good starting point.
OK. The files simply labeled "fanart" or "poster" seem to have been created last night which would coincide with the artwork downloader scan I ran last night. Was having an issue with logos not showing up, and read here that running artwork downloader with "use local files" option checked would fix it..... it didn't. Instead, it seems to have created all these "extra" files.
I wonder though, what XBMC would read by default when adding videos to the library. I set all my folder sources to scrape using local files only and manage my library with Ember media manager.
(2014-08-13, 14:32)dkplayaclub Wrote: Was having an issue with logos not showing up, and read here that running artwork downloader with "use local files" option checked would fix it..... it didn't. Instead, it seems to have created all these "extra" files.

Doing that works for my clearart/clearlogos that don't initially show up. I have turned off all the http stuff though in artwork downloader, otherwise it overwrites my original art. I'm using MediaElch to manage my stuff.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-13, 15:21)black_eagle Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 14:32)dkplayaclub Wrote: Was having an issue with logos not showing up, and read here that running artwork downloader with "use local files" option checked would fix it..... it didn't. Instead, it seems to have created all these "extra" files.

Doing that works for my clearart/clearlogos that don't initially show up. I have turned off all the http stuff though in artwork downloader, otherwise it overwrites my original art. I'm using MediaElch to manage my stuff.

I am also making use of MediaElch to generate nfo files, which are read by xbmc.
Those nfo files contain links to the artwork, in my opinion downloading artwork is not needed.
Whilst fully respecting your opinion I am not aware that *.nfo files contain any links to clearart/clearlogos. AFAIK, MediaElch merely downloads the specified artwork, names it and places it in the correct directory for XBMC to pick up.

Regardless of this, I have had multiple instances, where in spite of my clearart being correctly named and placed, it has not shown up in XBMC's library until I have either picked it manually with manage->choose art->clearart->navigate and choose art (which uses artwork downloader) or by running artwork downloader with all the internet options off.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra files? Which ones do I need?0